4 band eq?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by themajorrager, Sep 12, 2005.

1. i see that the newest bongos have a 4 band eq - what exactly is the fourth band? anyone have one of these yet? :help:
  2. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    They all have always had a 4-band.
    Are you serious? Do a search! :)
  3. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    ...apart from the 3-band ones.
  4. strummer

Jul 27, 2005
    Bass, lo mid, hi mid, treble
  5. pilotjones

Nov 8, 2001
    I stand corrected. The relatively rare H (single humbucker only) model has a 3-band. The HH, HS, H plus piezo, HH plus piezo, and HS plus piezo all have always come with the four band.
  6. thank you for answering my question and not jumping down my throat like some people... :cool:
  7. For future reference, the best place to get answers about specific gear that is still in production is usually the manufacturers website. A quick visit to www.ernieball.com would have answered your question within minutes and saved all of this mild shirtyness!

Sadly, this type of question pops up a LOT on these forums, and regular contributors occasionally get peeved by it - I know I do! It's just kinda annoying that people use the internet to ask a question that can be answered simply and quickly by... using the internet! ;)
  8. That must be a real interesting thing that having four band preamp....
    Got to check that someday!
  9. pilotjones

Nov 8, 2001
    Sorry, I must have had a grumpy morning. But the Bongo is associated with two things- the shape and the 4-band EQ. As far as the "do a search," for one thing the search function IS your friend- no sarcasm intended- and Bongos have probably taken as much bandwidth on TB as any other bass in history. The smiley at the end of the comment was intended to indicate that I was not merely being sarcastic, and actually meant "do a search."
  10. pilotjones

Nov 8, 2001
    Now, to make amends, I'll link a pic of a 4-band EQ curve. This one is actually not the MM unit, but a Noll preamp.
    It's pretty cool. The wide bandwidth is such that by using using two adjacent bands, you can build a plateau between the two center frequencies. Don't know whether MM is like this or not.
  11. pilotjones

Nov 8, 2001
    Small tangent- note that I have so far managed to not comment on the scale length / string tension thread. I do have some restraint.
  12. strummer

Jul 27, 2005
    @Pilotjones: I think it is something like that in the Bongo, because I can use it as a headphone amp.
  13. pilotjones and niftydog i am well aware of the search function and previous posts on the bongo - i am a regular poster here on TB but if you enter 4 band eq into the search function see what you get.
    and im not really going to read through all 7000 entries for bongo ;)
    thanks for the information though guys :cool:
  14. You get every post that has the word "band" in it! "4" and "EQ" are dropped from the search because they don't meet the criteria. You need to search with a bit more finesse to get what you're after.

However, my point was not so much to search this forum, I'm well aware of the short comings of the search function.

Enter "4 band EQ bongo" into GOOGLE, and the third link down takes you to the manufacturers web page with all the Bongo stats on it.

Hey, I'm not getting up you, just letting you know that there is an easier and faster way to do this! ;)
  15. no its not...it's very low bass, low bass, normal bass, and high bass... :D
  16. Screw the forum, just look at the specs on the product pages! I've never needed to visit the forum there so I wouldn't know, but what can't be answered here at TalkBass isn't worth knowing!
  17. strummer

Jul 27, 2005
    But of course :D

I stand corrected :p
  18. bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    Goodness. There's a lot of crosstalk between the "big" forums, including the Dudepit, here and (in my opinion) the EBMM "official" forum.

Now this place and the Pit are a melting pot - Fender fans, Fodera nuts, Warwickers, you name it, while the EBMM Forum is, obviously, geared toward one brand of bass.

A few members over there can get very protective of their favorite brand, and (as bass forum mod) I've had to gently guide them back to reality a time or two, but it is my opinion that we do a fair job of maintaining an open exchange of ideas.

I think it's also fair to say that an "I Love My Spector" thread is really out of place on any manufacturer's (other than Spector) forum, although I try to let them die a natural death rather than being heavy-handed.

Like any open forum, we have our share of flare-ups, kids coming in and shaking things up, old guys being insular to some extent (I include myself), but those are minor things and happen infrequently.

For information about EBMM basses (or guitars, I hear they make those), it's hard to beat the access we have to factory reps and other more, um, well-known luminaries.

This week, as a bone thrown to the forum members, Sterling has invited us all to a two-day Open House in San Luis Obispo, as I'm sure some of you know. Food, drink, an impressive roster of artists associated with the company and an open jam for the knuckleheads (us). Tours, roundtables, a concert featuring Steve Morse, Dave LaRue, Tony Levin, Steve Lukather, Vinnie Moore and others, all of it on the company's dime.

Now that, my friends, is hard to beat.

So for you EBMM owners or anyone who's thinking about buying one, I would love for you to drop by and give it a shot. Yes, we're heavily focused on one brand - but that's who pays the bills.

I do go on and on, don't I?