4 bass renegotiation

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by alembicbones, Jun 16, 2001.

1. alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    As I stated before, I went out and bought a GT-7 while the wife was away on business. Again, to keep marital harmony, the 3 bass rule was tacetly in effect. Thus I thought I was going to need to part ways with my Steinberger XL.

However, from solid accumulation of husband / father of the year award points, I think I'm going to get to keep all four of my basses. They are ( in no particular order of preference ):

Alembic Essence 5 string
    Conklin GT-7
    Fender American Jazz Deluxe 5 string
    Steinberger XL-Pro w/ DB bridge

There is joy in Mudville tonight (plus the Mariners are just playing all world).

2. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City

I'm gonna print your post and slip it under my wife's pillow :D

I'm also handcuffed by the 3 bass rule. To be quite honest, though, since I got my custom Alembic I have had too many GAS attacks.......but there was that 6 string Smitty.....

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I don't need no stinkin' rules ;)
  4. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    since I got my custom Alembic I have had too many GAS attacks

Ooops. That shoulda read "HAVE NOT had too many GAS attacks"

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, i don't need no steenkin rules either.

actually, in my house, i think i have the 10 conklin limit. haven't reached it yet, but on my way :D.
  6. yeah no stinkin rules applies, but only if it comes with a large credited bank account, anway i've got the bass i want,

good old 'Dad rock' they get what they want,

talking of dad rock

i just get GAS over 7's now (hey JT?)
  7. LiL BaSS DuDe

LiL BaSS DuDe Guest

May 15, 2001
  8. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    GAS = Gear Acquisition Syndrome

It's when you don't need it, maybe can't even afford it, but come hell or high water you're gonna try to find a way to get it.

9. I'm going backwards, I'm gonna sell my Tobias 6 'cos it's neck heavy and gives me severe neck and back pain (I have a bad back), and my mongrel P bass 'cos I never play it, and my EUB (maybe) 'cos it hurts my left hand, and just keep my recently aquired G&L L2500 with TI flats, and my German acoustic upright. Seeing as this is the reverse of GAS, it must be SAG!
  10. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    So...SAG...Selling Aquired Gear?:)

I have no rules. I will own two, or 20 basses. Course, I'm still live at home (being 16 and all) so I suspect the whole wife/intimate other thing might inhibit my bassage...or, if you're already an ODB like me, my bassturbating!:D:D
  11. alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Remember Gents,

This is a tacet rule. Thus it is unspoken and to push the envelope, it requires a keen intuition as to the wife's karma. The moon and stars really aligned up right on this one.

BTW Malt, I would probably off them all for your Series II 5 string.

As an aside, there was an Alembic Series II 5 string that was recently built as of the most recent NAMM show, that the owner immediately put up for consignment at bassnw for $5K. I was hoping to see it in person but it already been purchased. What a deal on a truly magnificent bass.

Best wishes,