4" drivers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by stedtale, Jan 27, 2006.

1. I am in need of some replacement (EDIT) 4.5" drivers for some small spot monitors. I can't seem to find any of my size/Imp needs. Any suggestions?

I need 4.5" @ 24 Ohms.

edited for correct driver size.
  2. uh.....may I ask why you are using 4" drivers?

3. It's a small spot monitor (not a bass cab) with 2 4"ers in it and one of the speakers is blown, thought it might be cheaper to reaplce the speaker than get a new spot. I can't see to find any. I've checked BC, Musician's Friend, www.music123.com, samash, and a few other speaker manufactures websites, but have yet to find 4"ers.
  4. what company makes the speakers in your cab right now?

5. The monitors are made by Peavy, and I assume they still have the factory speakers in them. I was hoping to get high quality speakers to replace the damaged ones. And now that I measure again, looks like they're 4.5" speakers. Still haven't located any of that size, even on Peavy's website. Maybe i'm not looking int the right places.
  6. They're these little guys:

View attachment 28680

I may just look into getting a new set, possibly a different make. The Peavey ones aren't too bad, but we bought it well used. I know Carvin has some and so do several other manufacturers.
  7. Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    Is it a sealed box? if so you can get away with other speakers more easily, if not go with the peavey's. I would check out Parts Express
  8. yes it's sealed. And I forgot about parts express, thanks!
  9. Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    Something I would look for in that application is a driver with a relatively high efficency. There are some 4" or so fullrange speakers that have a good response, but low power handling and efficency, so if you need a little volume...
  10. thanks. I'm checking out Parts Express right now.
  11. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    24 Ohm drivers are very rare. Your safest bet is getting replacements from PV.