Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

4 ohm 12" replacement speaker?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by basss, May 14, 2004.

1. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    I'm looking for a 4 ohm speaker for a small 1x12 cabinet (1.1 cubic feet). I've seen a few around but they seem to be geared more toward home or car audio and have low sensitivity. It will need to handle 200 watts. Any suggestions?

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
  3. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    Thanks
    My cabinet is 1.3 sq. ft. (correction) and 2 2.5" square ports that are 3.5" deep. I have checked out eminence - they don't seem to make many 4 ohm drivers. B&C does but they seem to be special order and probably very expensive but I will contact them to find out.

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    The Avatar web site www.avatarspeakers.com shows a 4 ohm version of the Delta 12LF is available. The Delta 12LF was designed to work in smaller enclosures.

1.3 cu. ft is about the same size as the TL-806 enclosure that EV designed for the EVM12L. While not a bass speaker per se, it sounds really nice for bass if you can live without massive low end.

5. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    That Delta LF might be just what I'm looking for. The eminence site doesn't mention the 4 ohm version. Thanks!

6. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    PM sent about the driver!

7. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    Meekster-
    This may be a dumb question but whats the best way to plug up a port? Can I just glue a block of wood in there?
    Thanks for the offer on the speaker but I think shipping from finland would be too much money. Sounds like jock is jockin' for it anyway.

8. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    Thanks again meekster. I just got Dave from avatar's price list for speakers. For the ones that he carries the prices are great!