Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

4 ohm 2-10" Bass Cab...$200

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by BigRed, Apr 19, 2004.

1. BigRed

BigRed

Apr 1, 2004
    Palestine, TX
    I have a custom TexTech 2-10" bass cab (4 ohm). It is loaded with Eminence woofers and a High Frequency Driver with crossover. Steel grill and covered with carpet...a real solid cabinet! All Black. This would make a great addition to your 1-15" cab!

$200 shipped within the lower 48. I do support paypal...email me with any questions... jcanaday@elkhart.esc7.net

Here are some pics...
    [​IMG]
    ...and from the side...
    [​IMG]

2. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Some info on the cab please, what are the specs of on it? I've never heard of this company before.

Peace
    -Ben

3. BigRed

BigRed

Apr 1, 2004
    Palestine, TX
    It's a local store's custom made cabinet. They sound pretty darn good. They work best when coupled with a 1-15. I've had Hartke 210's and Eden 210's for comparison...

I like the TexTech better than the Hartkes. Bigger, Clearer sound. The Edens did sound better, but not by $500!

It's a 4 ohm cab loaded with Eminence 10's and a crossover and horn as well. It has 2 1/4" parallel inputs. Personally, I don't like the TexTech logo on the front (mainly because it isn't a known brand or company), but it wouldn't be that hard to take off.

Other than needing a good vacuuming, the cab is in great shape. I've had it for a while, but I've not really used it. I used it mainly as a supplemental cab on my Crate BX160...which sounded great with this cab. The Crate is LONG gone, but this thing is still around.

LMK if there's any other info you need...

4. BigRed

BigRed

Apr 1, 2004
    Palestine, TX
    It's not terribly heavy. The recessed handles on the side make carrying it kind of goofy, but it's not all that heavy. I'll try to weigh it if you want...

5. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Do you know how much RMS wattage this cab will handle? Also, does the crossover have a tweeter attenuator?

Thanx.

6. bill spangler

bill spangler

Mar 4, 2001
    Albany GA
    I would like to know how much it weigh, thanks. The attenuator question is a good one also.

7. BigRed

BigRed

Apr 1, 2004
    Palestine, TX
    I can't answer the RMS question right now...time to do some research!

I can answer the tweeter question... :hyper: It does not have an external attenuator for the tweeter. :( I don't know if you can adjust it internally or not.

8. otnemeM

otnemeM

Oct 29, 2002
    Ovar, Portugal
    When you do that rms research, also try to find out the specific model of those Eminence 10"s if possible :)

Have you played it solo handling a Low B?

9. BigRed

BigRed

Apr 1, 2004
    Palestine, TX
    Preliminary results are that the RMS is 200 watts. I'm still digging. The local store said that the standard RMS that they order is 200 watts, but this could have been a special order thing. (I'm the second owner of this cab). I'm trying to contact the owner of the store and the previous owner of the cab to make sure. Same story on the specific model of those Eminence 10's.

I do, however, have serious local interest. LMK if you guys are really interested in this thing. :)

10. BigRed

BigRed

Apr 1, 2004
    Palestine, TX
    No idea on the Eminence...it's a stamped frame speaker, if that helps. The RMS is probably 250 watts, but I'm saying 200 just to be safe.

11. BigRed

BigRed

Apr 1, 2004
    Palestine, TX
    Another Up...

12. BigRed

BigRed

Apr 1, 2004
    Palestine, TX
    Local interest...no more!!! :scowl:

Up for this 210...