1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

4 ohm 2x10 cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mvw356, May 11, 2006.

1. mvw356

mvw356

Mar 2, 2006
    Brussels
    i'm looking for a 4 ohm 2x10 cab, has to be cheap so it will most likely be second hand. i'm not too keen on behringer and the cheap hartkes, what else is out there? it supposed to go under my trace elliot v6. i know it's a bit stupid to run a cheap cabinet with an amp like that, but i just can't afford anything nice now. i play rock stuff, but nothing heavy. any advice?

2. nls666

nls666

Jul 31, 2005
    The Netherlands
    You could try the Avatar 210 (Neo)...600 watt handling
    www.gear4music.nl sell them for €399.- new. I don't know if that's in your price range. It's very good quality for it's price though...
    I have one and I'm very happy with! I've succesfully done small gigs with this 2x10" as standalone...

3. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Do you play any bass with a low B? If so, you may have problems with a stand alone 2x10 farting out on you. Just something to consider. I would highly recommend a 4 ohm 2x12 cab as a stand alone.

4. nls666

nls666

Jul 31, 2005
    The Netherlands
    +1.
    If you could miss the extra € 100.- for the Avatar 212 (Neo), you're settled... Higly recommended.
    Also check other brands 2nd hand off course, but you can't go wrong with this one, if it's in your price range...

5. mvw356

mvw356

Mar 2, 2006
    Brussels
    haven't thought of avatar yet, cos i've actually never seen one. if you guys say its good, i'll believe it. neo means lighter speakers? less weight is always good. 400 euro will be pushing it.
    no i' dont have a b string, so farting shouldn't be an issue (except for my own maybe:smug: )
    my probleb is that i know once i have the funds again, i will buy a good quality 4x10 or a 6x10, so i'm really only looking at a temporary fix. used is probably the best way to go.

6. Buy a used Goliath Jr. 4 ohm - or try to find a used Trace Elliott 2x10. Those can be had for under $250 if you look hard enough.

7. ashdown!!!! ashdown look, sound, feel nice, cant beat them, great prices aswell, MAG for semi pro gear

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    hmm... dunno if that generalization is true anymore. these days speaker and cab designs have pretty much made that point moot. i.e. an Epifani UL210 has a THUNDEROUS low B response, and yet is pretty freakin' loud.

still, if you push any cab waay beyond its limits, you'll get the farts.

9. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    what about a second hand Aguilar GS210. its 4ohms and very loud. 350watts. i was going to get one before i found out about Schroeder as i also wanted a small loud 4ohms cab.
    might still be out of your price range though.
    I dont think any of the Ashdown 2x10 cabs are 4ohms. at least they didnt have any when i was looking for one.