1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

4 ohm and 8ohm question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RBX4, Mar 29, 2013.

1. RBX4

RBX4

Dec 21, 2010
    Miami, Florida
    I have an swr workingpro 410 that runs 400 watts at 8 ohms and I'm going to pair it with the eden e300 which is 300 watts at 4 ohms. Will this work? thought alto music was sending me the 4 ohm cab but wasn't avail.. help! intermediate here

2. Arjank

Arjank

Oct 9, 2007
    Above Amsterdam
    Course it'll work, the amp will probably put out 200watts @ 8ohms.
    To make full use of the amps power it would be better to have the 4ohms version of the cab, but it'll only give you a 2dB gain compared to running the 8ohms cab with that amp so it doesn't matter much.

3. username1

username1

Dec 28, 2005
    alberta canada
    Your head will put out a little less power at 8 ohms, likely arounf 180 watts. Should work fine with that cab. With the 8 ohm cab it leaves you the optiion of adding another 8 ohm with it down the road.

4. Arjank

Arjank

Oct 9, 2007
    Above Amsterdam
    +1

5. 4 ohm cab would have been a poor choice so they did you favor. Cabs do not "run" watts, they have a rated max wattage that they are supposed to accept without damage. More than they are rated to take from an amp easily invites speaker damage.

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 getting all the watts from an amp is highly over rated. It's speakers that make the sound, and an 8 ohm 410 is the perfect match for your amp. If it's not loud enough, add a 2nd identical cab for a 6 dB increase.

7. RBX4

RBX4

Dec 21, 2010
    Miami, Florida
    Amp head get here tomorrow will keep y'all posted on the tone n loudness!