1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

4 or 8 ohm avatar 410?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bigbadwolf1314, Dec 16, 2006.

1. I have made most of the major decisions for what I am looking for and I found a used TF 550 and I would like to get a B410 Neo Avatar cab to go with it. However, I am not sure if I should go with 4 or 8 ohms. I have been reading around here, and most people like the 8 ohm idea better since I could add another later. But I really don't think in the near future I will need much more power than a 4x10 has. I rarely play big gigs and I will be going to college next year, where I probably am not going to have space for a huge speaker setup. How much louder is the 4 ohm vs. the 8 ohm? Right now I am sort of leaning towards the 4 ohm since it will be louder and I don't really see myself adding much more at least for a few years.

2. chiplexic

chiplexic

Apr 21, 2004
    Massachusetts
    The 4 ohm cab will draw more wattage out of your amp. That is what gives you the added volume. You could use two 4 ohm cabs in the future if your amp is made to run at a 2 ohm load(which you would have with 2-4ohm cabs together). Either way if you don't feel that a two cab situation is in the future then I'd go with the 4 ohm cab now. That's a loud cab to begin with.