Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

4-sp Rack, MEC Gold J PUs, Effects, etc.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Strings and Accessories' started by HamOnTheCob, Feb 20, 2006.

1. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    Hey guys, I have a new baby, and I need to make some space, so I'm getting rid of some stuff. If you don't like my prices, feel free to shoot me a reasonable offer.

Please note: prices include shipping in the 48 contiguous states. Shipping to other areas may cost more, and will be tacked on accordingly. Thanks!

For Pictures of all this stuff, go here: http://users.1st.net/milk/For_Sale/

NEW ADDITION:
    MEC Gold MusicMan pickup - $60 shipped
    This came out of a Warwick Corvette FNA. The bass came to me with a Basslines pickup in it, but as far as I know the pickup is in perfect working order. Money back + return shipping if it isn't! These pickups sound killer. I have one in another bass of mine and I like the sound of it better than the sound of the Basslines. The MEC is a little deeper, while the Basslines seems to be brighter.

Rocktron Pro-Rax CRS Chorus - SOLD
    I bought this 1/2 rack unit for my rack setup, but I've gone away from a rack setup now so I don't need this around. Comes with power adapter.

Ibanez Soundtank Bass Chorus - $45 shipped
    I bought this several years ago, but I never used it as a stomp box. I always used it for recording only. Sounds great and works well. Excellent cosmetic condition as well. Operates on 9V battery. You can also use a power adapter with it, but I don't have one to include in the deal.

MEC Gold J pickups (passive) - $40 shipped
    These were in my Streamer LX5. There's nothing wrong with them or anything, I just upgraded my entire electronics package to a 3-band system from a Streamer Stage II, and I don't need the extra pickups. They sound great. Both are bridge length by the way. I don't have any pics of the pickups, but they look like standard black jazz pickups.

Genz-Benz 4-Space Rack Case - SOLD
    This is the deep rack (it's as deep as it is wide, so any amp will fit in it with both covers closed. It's in outstanding condition, with no tears in the carpet covering. I'm not sure how many rack screws I have lying around for it, but I'll include whatever I have. You can get some good machine screws from Lowes for cheap, and they're of a much higher quality than the average cheap rack screw. At one time or another, it has housed a Peavey SessionBass, SWR Bass 350, Genz-Benz GBE600, Eden WT-400, SWR Mo'Bass, Ampeg SVT3-Pro, and a Line 6 Bass POD Pro. ***Forgot to mention this only has rails in the front.***

Boss ROD-10 Rackmount Distortion box - $65 shipped
    This is a pretty sweet distortion box. 1/2 rack space. Footswitchable (but I don't have a footswitch, I just used it for recording), or it can be engaged/disengaged with the button on the front. Though it wasn't designed for bass, it has a 3-band EQ (with a frequency control for the midrange) which makes it very nice with a bass! Has fuzz, distortion, and 3 overdrive settings, along with controls for drive and overall output level.

I can't think of anything else at the moment.
    Thank you, and I sincerely appreciate the help!
    Jake

2. HamOnTheCob

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    I just added an MEC MusicMan pickup. $60 shipped.

Thanks,
    Jake

3. kjbrowne

kjbrowne

Jun 14, 2005
    Florida
    do the covers come off of the j pickups. Im looking for j pickups to put in wood covers.

4. HamOnTheCob

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    I never tried to take the covers off, so I don't know for sure. Anyone else know?

Thanks,
    Jake

5. HamOnTheCob

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    There were some things on this thread that had to be moved to a new thread in the non-bass forum, in case anyone wondered.

Thanks,
    Jake

6. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    pm sent on rack

7. HamOnTheCob

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    PM Replied.

Sorry all, I forgot to mention that the Genz Benz rack case only has rails in the front, not in the back.

Thanks,
    Jake

8. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    do you still have the rack and chorus? How much for both? any chance to get a deal if I take both from ya? :bag:

9. HamOnTheCob

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    I'm kinda holding the rack and Rocktron chorus right now, but they're not done deals yet or anything, so they're still fair game for now.

Jake

10. tribal3140

tribal3140 Banned

Nov 9, 2004
    near detroit...uh
    do you have the preamp that went with the LX????!!!

11. HamOnTheCob

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Nah, when I replaced the electronics, I had to kinda use some parts from the old electronics because the "like new" ones I bought weren't 100% functional. Raw deal. I have a couple pots lying around somewhere, but I'm just going to hold on to 'em.

Sorry buddy.

Jake

12. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
  13. HamOnTheCob

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    The rack and the Rocktron are SOLD.

Thanks,
    Jake

14. HamOnTheCob

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    I'm also willing to entertain trades for just about anything right now.

Thanks,
    Jake

15. HamOnTheCob

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    It won't let me edit the original post... sorry.

The MEC Js are on hold, waiting on a money order.

Thanks,
    Jake

16. HamOnTheCob

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Apparently I'm not able to edit this thread for some reason. Sorry about that everyone.

The MEC J's are sold.

Thanks,
    Jake

17. HamOnTheCob

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Still trying to get rid of this stuff. Any takers?

Jake

18. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I have these in both of my LXs and I keep the EQ flat 99% of the time. I don't think you really need the active EQ for them unless you like to play with EQ a lot while playing. They sound great and that's a sweet price! (bump)

19. would it be possible to hear some clips of the rack distortion?
    i might be interested :)

20. HamOnTheCob

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Actually Webtroll, the Js have sold, I just can't edit my original post for some reason.

Super - I'll try to get some kind of clips recorded ASAP. It sounds great for guitar and bass both. I just don't need it.

Jake