1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 4 String Bass Project EMG Loaded Butterscotch John Carruthers 17th Street USA Body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Thumpin6string, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Thumpin6string

Thumpin6string Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Redding CA
    Price:
    I have for sale a 4 string bass project that I don't have time to finish. This body is a 17th Street guitars 4 string bass built by L.A. builder John Carruthers. It is alder with a butterscotch orange see through finish. It has EMG pickups and preamp. I believe the bridge is a Gotoh, but not positive. The body needs a 22 or up to 24 fret neck to get the scale right. This could make a killer USA bass when finished. I'm asking $195 shipped to the CONUS. I could part this body out for a bit more, but I'd like to see it get put together. I'd consider a decent compressor such as a Markbass or an Empress or equivalent as a trade. PM with questions or to make a deal. Thanks for looking.
    IMG_2973.JPG IMG_2974.JPG IMG_2975.JPG IMG_2976.JPG IMG_2977.JPG

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    etherealme and SuperTwin like this.
  2. ElliottStrong

ElliottStrong Music City via the Motor City Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Nashville/ Detroit
    Im not sure that the neck is a 70s G&L, they didn't start until 1980. And they didn't change to that headstock until '83.

3. Thumpin6string

Apr 25, 2013
    Redding CA
    Thanks for the info. I thought they started in the 70s. I don't have a lot of knowledge about G&L. Just know the Leo Fender was the "L". I will correct the listing.

4. Skillet

Skillet Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Louisiana
    That is one beautiful body.

5. Thumpin6string

Apr 25, 2013
    Redding CA
    And it could be yours for the right price or trade.:)

6. I see the potential.

7. Can't find the amps you refer to above: …."or trade for one of the amps in the other link on my signature"....

I really want to put this thing together but lack funds. Got lots of gear to swap.

8. Thumpin6string

Apr 25, 2013
    Redding CA
    I just fixed it. I had sold or traded the items that were in my sig. What have you got? Mostly open to amps or a compressor.

9. Thumpin6string

Apr 25, 2013
    Redding CA
    The neck I had for this has been sold on Fleabay, so I've edited this for the body only.