1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

4 String Dingwall Combustion. Must.....save......money.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by russpurdy, Apr 13, 2015.

1. russpurdy

russpurdy

Apr 16, 2013
    Just in case it hasn't already been posted, have you dudes seen the prototype 4 string combustion? (Scroll down a bit)

Dingwall Guitars

I want this in all kinds of ways. Wanting a Dingwall + not having much money + usually not needing 5 strings used to = :( But now everything is good in the world.

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    It does look nice!

3. Bulltrout

Bulltrout Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Alberta
    I played one today. Wow!

4. Pudge Fish

Pudge Fish

Aug 6, 2013
    MD
    and the wait begins...

5. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

They had this at my local L&M for some time, it is spitting distance from the shop so they regularly get protos.

Just keep some cash on hand OP, cheap Dingwalls are found pretty regularly on the used market around here. I got my ABZ for $1k, it even had a P-tone in the neck position.

6. Ethan117

Ethan117 My instrument makes people jiggle. Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Is this true in just the local community / personal friends, or are there shops offering that good of deals? That'd be a dream come true...

7. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Dingwall doesn't offer local deals, they wouldn't even sell you a bass if you walked in the door with cash in hand. You can just find them used for cheap.