1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

4 STRING GA$

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gambit0714, Sep 28, 2005.

1. gambit0714

gambit0714

May 19, 2004
    Suffolk, VA
    OK TBer's

This is the issue. I have been playing now for about five years. I started learning to play on a five string passive bass. Then after about a year and a half, I upgraded to a 5 string active. Just the beginning of this year I stepped up to a 6 string and I love it. :hyper:
    The problem is lately I've had this really bad GA$ for a 4 string. I have never owned a four string. But I have tried a few at GC and found that I like the look and feel. :) But hate the limited range. :scowl:

Should I feed the beast and pickup a cheap or used four string? Even though I still hate the limited range. :confused:

Gambit :cool:

2. My main bass is a 5'er. But every now and then I'll bust out the 4 and hammer away. I find it very challenging to play the 4 after letting it sit for so long. It definitley keeps me on edge. The way I figure it also is that they did it with 4 strings for decades before the 5'er came along mainstream, and it did the trick. Also, with my 4 string, the string spacing is alot wider than of my 5. That makes it easier for me to do some slap grooves.

My $.02