1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

4 string MM covers

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Type-55, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Type-55

Type-55

Jul 20, 2000
    Michigan
    anyone have a source for MM style covers with the dog ears that have no holes drilled in them?

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

there was a post of the same thing a month or so ago but don't recall the outcome. You might find it in a search.

If it's a looks issue I'm not a looks guy but if its strings slapping the mags shouldn't take much to find a material to cover them without affecting tone. Chances are, if you're driving strings into them they're too high anyway and Alnico MM's will definitely pull on the strings which will affect both tone and sustain.

3. Type-55

Type-55

Jul 20, 2000
    Michigan
    I'm trying to put 2 single coil pups in this housing. That's why I'm looking for one without the holes drilled. Similar to the Delano Hybrid but with both pups being 4 string j bass style.

4. allenhumble

allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    If you want wood ones and dont mind spending some money you could look at THG Knobs. He could probably make then fit for you.