4 string with 35" Scale?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DarkMazda, Jan 29, 2001.

1. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    Has anyone tried a 4 string with 35" Scale? I imagine that the strings would become tighter, which might be a good thing. I know that CT makes those kinda basses.. with 4 string with a longer scale. But has anyone tried them?

2. Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    I have a Rick Turner Electroline EL35PM Fretless that was custom-ordered to be 35". The strings are a bit tighter than my 34" basses, but not by a large margin, and the bass is a bit easier to play with good intonation than my 34" fretless due to slightly larger margin of error. Bottom line...not much difference really.
  3. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Schecter makes the "Scorpion". It's a stock 4 with a 22 fret, 35" scale.
    However, it's setup to tune B-E-A-D.

I haven't tried one, but a recent BP review did NOT (?) give it high marks for tone.
    I'm guessin' `cause of those cheap-@$$ EMG HZ pups. Nothin' a little futzin' won't fix :D .

I believe the Peavey "Cirrus" is a 35" 4-stringer (normal tuning).

[Edited by notduane on 01-29-2001 at 11:41 AM]

Sep 10, 2000
    so is the millenium...
  5. gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Just pick up a Gibson Thunderbird or an old Epiphone Embassy. I don't find a real big difference between these and my G&L. The only difference is trying to find someone who actually stocks strings for them.
  6. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Maybe T/I's JF364 or JR364 sets would work?
  7. I could be wrong, but I think the Peavey Cirrus 4 is 35".
  8. The Peavey G-Bass is also 35". It'd work great in your metal band, DM--cutting upper midrange and big, big bottom.
  9. LvHooters

Sep 20, 2000
    Your right Marty..the Cirrus 4 is 35"...I have one..Plays GREAT!
  10. [SiSL]Bass

Jan 30, 2001
    I have an Ibanez BTB 4 string, 35" scale and I use standard strings, DR's actually, with no problems. And I love the slightly longer scale, it really brings out all the things I like best, sustain, punch, and sweet hammer-tapping.
  11. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    My Status Graphite S-2 is a 35" 4-string. Actually, with the
    extra inch, I found that I could get the action even lower than I could with my other basses and not have a lot of buzz.