Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

4 stringer w/ tremlo bar?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Psyrcle, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Psyrcle

Psyrcle Guest

I can't find any under $1000. Is it possible to find one under $300? I know of a few kits that you can buy to be installed but those alone cost $300.

2. abngourmet

abngourmet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2004
    USA
    I've got a Peavey Dyna Bass Unity Series Limited with a Kahler. Picked it up off of Ebay for about $550. It plays surprisingly well, though I'm thinking of dumping the Peavey Pickups (they kind of suck) and dropping in Bartolinis. I got lucky with the price on mine, but I've seen the Kahler tremelos alone go for $300. You might want to make your own with a Warmoth body/neck set up, plus a Hipshot tremelo. Warmoth actually makes bodies already pre-routed for a Kahler.

3. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    those warmoths are set up for the hipshot... as far as a bass with a trem for under 300, not happinin... i bid 275 for a kahlar on ebay (might still be there) and was outbid in less than 12 hours...

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I actually bought a BC Rich Warlock with a Kahler a while back for $200, sold for $300 in a financial pinch. Just keep your eyes peeled, a few hundred bucks set aside, and an itchy finger.

5. dam thats cheap!

6. pklima

pklima

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Bass Northwest had an Epiphone with a trem for $299 and it took them a looooong time to sell it. It's gone now, though. It's a thin market... if you do run across one odds of it being cheap aren't bad.