1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

4 stringer w/ tremlo bar?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Psyrcle, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Psyrcle

Psyrcle Guest

I can't find any under $1000. Is it possible to find one under $300? I know of a few kits that you can buy to be installed but those alone cost $300.

2. abngourmet

abngourmet Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2004
    USA
    I've got a Peavey Dyna Bass Unity Series Limited with a Kahler. Picked it up off of Ebay for about $550. It plays surprisingly well, though I'm thinking of dumping the Peavey Pickups (they kind of suck) and dropping in Bartolinis. I got lucky with the price on mine, but I've seen the Kahler tremelos alone go for $300. You might want to make your own with a Warmoth body/neck set up, plus a Hipshot tremelo. Warmoth actually makes bodies already pre-routed for a Kahler.

3. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    those warmoths are set up for the hipshot... as far as a bass with a trem for under 300, not happinin... i bid 275 for a kahlar on ebay (might still be there) and was outbid in less than 12 hours...

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I actually bought a BC Rich Warlock with a Kahler a while back for $200, sold for $300 in a financial pinch. Just keep your eyes peeled, a few hundred bucks set aside, and an itchy finger.

5. dam thats cheap!

6. pklima

pklima

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Bass Northwest had an Epiphone with a trem for $299 and it took them a looooong time to sell it. It's gone now, though. It's a thin market... if you do run across one odds of it being cheap aren't bad.