Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

4 strings is the best

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by talkbass1, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talkbass1

talkbass1 Guest

Jan 10, 2005
  2. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    100% out of five people is hardly a ringing endorsement. :rolleyes:

3. You've got to stop believing everything you read. :meh:

4. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    5 people and how man bassist is it in the world?

5. Yeah, right. :rolleyes: I guess that's why so many professionnal bassists use mostly fivers.

The administrator of this site must be eight years old for saying crap like "100% vote that means 4strings is the best..." :scowl:

6. that poll is just ridiculous... :scowl:

7. Let's give this guy a break... :cool:
    I like four stings much better, but that's me and there are a lot of people using 5, 6, and higher too.

If you're line of thought is which is better, than you are in for a long wait. You can do some searches etc, but really, the best is to keep trying different basses and see what you fall in love with, you'll know it. Good luck.

8. FR5

FR5

Feb 12, 2004
    Netherlands
    As a professional market researcher I must say that I am not totally convinced of the validity of this result in relation to the larger universum of bass players. I find it a bit hard to believe that these 5 respondents can be considered representative for the total bass community within statistically acceptable confidence margins. What's more: how can this result be interpreted in conjunction with peanut butter consumption in the lower 48 over the past four years? Let me think about that for a while ......

9. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I disagree... of course they're representative. They responded. I like this quote:

"I've only played bass a few times, I'm more of an guitar player but i picked four strings".

See... it's official. :D

10. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I love 4 string basses!! That's why both my main ones are 4 X 2!! I get twice the fun on one bass!!!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
    :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

11. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    I believe most guitarists would prefer the bassist to only play 4-strings. Actually, some would prefer only one! :rolleyes:

12. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    I think this topic sucks big time.

Stupidity 100% :eyebrow:

Sorry if I hurt somebody with these words.

13. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    [​IMG]

:D

14. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

LOL ,
    oh , he's more of a guitar player { as opposed to less of a guitar player , i suppose } wow ... just , wow ...
    gotta love it , a guitar forum picking the best kind of bass ...
    not to mention how many strings are best . yikes !!

very scientific , absolutely the final word , beyond a shadow of a doubt ... i believe it ...yah , right ...
    :D

15. FR5

FR5

Feb 12, 2004
    Netherlands
    No why do I get the feeling that that this thread was started by a moderator of a certain forum who is trying to increase traffic?

Another one to think about .....

16. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Not really much point in leaving this one open.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.