Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

4 years later, we're through.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Petebass, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Some of you may remember me talking about my girlfriend who own and operates her own PA, lugs it around all by herself etc....

Well she dumped me last night. 4 years gone in a blink. I know I'm not the best B/F in the world, and I guess I kinda saw it comming, but you should heard the dribble she came up with. There's not a man in the world who could live up to her expectations.

Ah well, life goes on I guess..........

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Sorry to hear it. Seems like you have it in perspective though. Best wishes Petebass.

3. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    yeah keep your head up and let it pass. looks like you just won more time to play bass!

4. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Yeah, I remember hearing about her...sorry to hear about the break up. It sounds like your doing pretty well considering...
    I don't know why this post made me think of that old Poison tune, I won't forget you, but it did.....also made me think - who was the comedian that talked about how guys think, how after a break up you are sad for a bit, but then you think: NEW P:eek:SY! ;) Good luck man - I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding her replacement - after all, you play bass! :bassist:

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Pete -

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. I know your pain all too well, I just had exactly the same experience, but after 12 years. I too knew that things weren't perfect, and that I had some shaping up to do - and was literally 12 hours from sitting down with her to let her know (I wanted us both to have our undivided attention on things) when she up and left with no warning.

Believe it or not, you will eventually get over this and be stronger for it. I myself am having difficulty grasping this fact, but it is a fact.

If you ever need to vent, PM or e-mail me anytime, and we can comiserate. Good luck and keep your head up.

6. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    sorry man

7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I'm sorry, bro.

Ya... Girls are wierd..

My last girlfriend cheated on me then broke up with me on valentines of last year.

Grr.

Well, all you can do is move on to the next young lady to cross your path.

Good luck.

8. papalo

papalo

Apr 16, 2003
    Good luck Petebass. For what it's worth you may now have the chance to find a true bud and friend with your mate.
    Women are unique beauties for sure. I'll say a prayer for you.

9. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    Everything happens for a reason.

in the meantime and between time Keep your head to the sky.
    :)

10. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    sorry bout that---there's another girl out there for you. you sound grounded about it though!:)

11. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Its not you MIke, but not all girls are wierd...How about you men? When we finally figure you out...you turn on us!...Ah well...you are dealing with your pain, as I am...:meh:

Pete...I am really sorry to hear about your g/f...if you need anything, feel free to PM me.

12. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Sorry to hear it man. Take a few days to a week to lick your wounds then get back at it. I was about your age (early 30's) when I got my first divorce. Fortunatly for me I worked at a hospital where there were alot of women working who were also single or divorced. Can you say H:Drney 30 year old divorcees. Yes I know you can,,,

13. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Thanks guys - you all rock!

I'm doing OK, and all these positive messages certainly helps. Either it hasn't really hit me yet, or deep down I know this is for the best. Time will tell.

I'll see if there's any Horny 30 year old divorcees at my gig tonight. I'm worried that I'm gonna automatically ignor any advances out of habbit.......... no need to do that any more huh?

And cb56, don't ever re-marry. Instead, find a girl you don't like and buy her a house.........

14. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Well.. PM I got nothing but love you ya.. but WOMEN are crazy... and thats ok with me.. I'm not saying guys aren't strange.. but I know how guys think.. i can't figure out women to save my life.... My mom is crazy, my sister is crazy, Girlfriend... they are all CRAZY!!!!! but alas... I love them all dearly :D

15. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Sorry to hear it man! Your only option is to bounce back! Separated now for 9 months, no regrets!

Been seeing a great girl for a while now - it's really worked out well. Only downer for me now is that my 4 year old stays with his mum......

Anyway, onward and upward - the PM box is open if you want to vent/rant/talk whatever!

Take care!:)

16. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I guess I stayed in the relationship even after I realised it was in a rutt partly because I'm not realy good at meeting girls.

Just got back from the gig and had a bit of a confidence booster. Not a 30 yr old divorcee. Rather a cute but shy girl with a great smile. Pitty she's only 18 (I'm 30), I don't think I'll persue it, but it's flattering all the same, and has got me thinking I'm not as gross as I thought. It felt wierd though, almost like I was cheating even though it never went past the chatting and flirting stage. I wonder how long before that feeling passes.........

YOu guy's are absolutely right. Head up, life goees on.

17. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I don't remember alot about the girls I had great relationships with.

I remember EVERY detail about the girls who dumped me.

18. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN

yea thats for sure. :meh: :meh: I just wish i didn't remember so many girls:confused: :confused: :confused:

19. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    If you need to chat, dail 1-800 OLE JACK. (Daniels, that is!) :)

20. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Dealing with the loss of a LTR as well. Pour me some of that Jack.:(