1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

40-60% off Best Buy

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by insomniac2295, May 25, 2012.

1. Best Buy's musical instrument department is on it's way out. Be on the look out at your local store for when they clearance things out. My local store (Roseville, MN) is past their advertised 40-50% off and has now moved on to selling most things at 60% off!

Source: 3 Best Buy employes from 2 different stores, with 2 of them being my friends.

2. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    WOW Thanks for the heads up. I am going to hit the Maple Grove store in the morning.
    I was just in there last week and they had some nice gear hanging up including a sweet T Bird

3. skwee

skwee

Apr 2, 2010
    Minneapolis
    Thanks-do you happen to know about MOA? They had a pretty good selection last time I went in there.

4. placeboe

placeboe

Aug 22, 2010
    Local stores only? Not online, right?

5. Apparently Maple Grove's store is transitioning too, so go while the going's good!

I don't know about MOA. At some point, all Best Buy MI sections are going. If not now, soon.

Yup. Not online. They'll continue to sell stuff through their online store though.

6. jasper383

jasper383

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    I think Best Buy is on the way out, too. :(

7. Nothing in the musical instrument section was on sale at my local Best Buy.

8. Where is local?

9. Reviews for this location are worth noting.

10. Sorry, Greenville, SC.

11. Give it time. Remember how it took a while for most Best Buys to get the MI section once it was introduced? Eventually ALL Best Buys will be like this. For instance- A Best Buy a few hours north of where I live will continue to operate their Musical Instruments section as normal for about a month longer than the rest in the state because of the projected time of their renovation (Once the MI sections clearance everything out, they have to be remodeled).

12. I will check it out tomorrow.

Peace,
    Greg

13. gigslut

gigslut

Dec 13, 2011
    St Louis, Mo
    That could explain why one BB in my area has just closed its MI section and the other is still in full swing with no clearance deals as of yet.

14. macribas

macribas

Jan 17, 2009
    Austin, TX
    South Austin had only a few items with a red dot that were negotiable. Discount on a Taylor 314 acoustic guitar was 25%, not bad at all. This was Saturday morning.

15. Byron92

Byron92

Aug 21, 2011
    My chance to get an acoustic guitar WOOOOOHOOOO

16. Nothing too exciting in Rockville, Md. Some decent prices however no red dots or signs announcing the MI section's imminent doom.

Peace,
    Greg

17. Even less excitement in Gaithersburg :( .

Peace,
    Greg

18. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Thanks, saved me a trip.

19. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    I stopped into one of the Memphis Best Buys today, but it didn't look like they had any good deals going. At least not on the basses I'd be interested in. Didn't see a clerk though, so I didn't get to ask if they're being phased out.

20. At my Best Buy, they had green dot items advertised at 45% off and red dot at 55% now. Up 5% from a few days ago. Keep in mind this is advertised price cut. The guy working told me red dot was actually up to 60% off.

If you head to a clearance store, it's definitely worth asking someone.