1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale $40 Custom Short Scale Neck 30” Maple/Maple Lakland Style Head Hipshot Ream

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Thud Staff, Feb 14, 2020 at 2:15 PM.

1. Thud Staff

Thud Staff Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Houston TX
    Price:
    $40
    $40 shipped to lower 48. Add $5 for AK, HI, and PR. Add $15 for CAN. PM me for shipping quote, to other locations.

Customized Short Scale 30” Bass Neck.
    • Maple cap fretboard on maple shaft; I rolled the board edges and dressed the fret ends, for a more comfortable playing experience, and to rid it of the dreaded ‘sprout/hand shredder’ condition...
    • White plastic nut (surprisingly good quality)
    • Bar string retainer included
    • Side black dots on both sides of the board: can be used lefty or righty.
    • 2 way truss rod...that right, you read that correctly: 2 WAY TRUSSROD, 4mm nut.
    • 21 medium jumbo nickel/silver frets (6150 style) NO FRETWEAR
    • These necks come as blank/paddle heads, so I shaped this to resemble a Lakland hollow body headstock.
    • Tuner holes are drilled for Hipshot UltraLites (11/16”) but is never installed them. I had some Sperzel on there at one point, which accounts for the index holes (which will be covered by any new tuners installed)
    • Heel was modded at one point: to 20 fret with overhang. When I went to install it on my project, I need a full heel to end of board (past 21st fret). There is NO LIFT WHEN UNDER TENSION. The heel extension is such a small percentage of the heel area.
    • No twist, no warp, no damage to truss. This is ready for your custom shortie project!
    • This has a 2-3 wipe on coats of sealer (shellac, which is compatible with all finishes) on the back of neck and head. Finishing will need to be completed to your desire.
    PapPal only. I ship quickly and safely. PM me with any question you have.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 9:13 PM
  2. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Could you measure from nut to the end of the fretboard so we can see if it is compatible with a body’s scale?

3. Thud Staff

Thud Staff Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Houston TX
    Sure!

From inside nut to end of fretboard/heel: 21 - 9/16”