1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

$40 guitar from Rondo Music!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Dec 7, 2002.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    With my purchase of an Essex SJB-62, I decided to get one of the new items on the site as well-a Valencia Spanish-style acoustic guitar for $40. I had actually played the same model many times at a friend's house, so when it popped up on Rondo Music's website, I had to get one (my girlfriend actually decided to pay for it for me as an early birthday present). It's actually a really nice acoustic for the money. It's a Spanish-style so the fingerboard is wide, which is great for me because I don't like standard guitar spacing and I'm useless with a pick. Took forever to tune the new nylon strings, but it's playing nice now. It's a great guitar to just have around to write melodies on or in case a friend comes over for spontaneous jams. It's a fantastic deal and I recommend it to any bassist who wants a guitfiddle to fool around on.