Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

$40 guitar from Rondo Music!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Dec 7, 2002.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    With my purchase of an Essex SJB-62, I decided to get one of the new items on the site as well-a Valencia Spanish-style acoustic guitar for $40. I had actually played the same model many times at a friend's house, so when it popped up on Rondo Music's website, I had to get one (my girlfriend actually decided to pay for it for me as an early birthday present). It's actually a really nice acoustic for the money. It's a Spanish-style so the fingerboard is wide, which is great for me because I don't like standard guitar spacing and I'm useless with a pick. Took forever to tune the new nylon strings, but it's playing nice now. It's a great guitar to just have around to write melodies on or in case a friend comes over for spontaneous jams. It's a fantastic deal and I recommend it to any bassist who wants a guitfiddle to fool around on.