1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

400$ bass recomendations

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cliff em all, Jul 17, 2012.

1. cliff em all

cliff em all

Jul 6, 2012
    hello everyone!

i know youve probably been asked this alot but does anybody have any recomendations for a good bass for around 400$ and maybe 500$? i play play 80s metal like metallica, megadeth, testament, etc if that helps
    my guidelines:
    not a fender
    preferably not an ibanez
    24 frets

2. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

May 7, 2012
    You could try any Ltd (ESP lower-budget label) bass.

3. warwick rockbass.

/thread

4. I recently bought a Schecter Stiletto Extreme 5 for 449.

WAY better than I was expecting, and much better than the price tag would suggest.

I got it as a backup and it's the only bass I've been playing. I have no complaints. The stock Schecter pickups are great.

I play metal primarily, and the bass is perfect for it. Check one out, if you can.

5. Check out the used market around you

6. There are some older basses on the used market that might appeal to you.

Check your local craigslist or other sources for good quality basses like USA-made Hamer basses (Scarab Bass) or Made in Japan basses like Aria (Avante) , Fernandes (Gravity Deluxe) and Fender Japan (Aerodyne Series, PJ Lyte).

The Fender Japan PJ Lyte has 22 frets.

The Aria Avante series and the Fernandes Gravity Deluxe both have 24 frets. There are more 24-frets options out there.

7. peledog

peledog Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Spector NS-2A, Spector Legend
    Yamaha BB424x

8. cliff em all

cliff em all

Jul 6, 2012
    thanks for the fast replies
    i forgot to say that i found a schecter stargazer 4 for 550$ but none of my local dealers sell them so im no sure how it sounds today i looked at an esp today and it souned great but it was only 250$ and im worried if theres something i should watch out for