1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

4001 for sale on CL in Atlanta

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LB75, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    That's one hell of a deal!

TD

2. jwoods986

jwoods986

Jun 28, 2012
    Burke, VA
    Ok, I'm a bass newb, what's the difference between the classic 4001 (like this) and the current 4003? thx!

3. sloppy_phil

sloppy_phil

Aug 21, 2011
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Not actually named Phil
    if you're asking whether or not to jump on that deal, it seems to be a pretty obvious 'yes'. that Ric looks pretty legit, minus the crazy PG.

4. 66Atlas

66Atlas

May 19, 2012
    Hmm, any other color and I would be racing you north...but I've just never cared for Jetglo.

5. LB75

LB75

Aug 29, 2009
    Austell Georgia
    I figured too the guy kinda knows what he has but doesn't know the correct name so he's not all that familiar so it may be easy to talk him down some, even though he says firm. I bet if you showed up with $800 cash he would take it.

6. loendmaestro

loendmaestro

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    That amp is a sleeper too. What a steal! Too bad I already have 3 Ricks or I'd be hitting I-75N right now!

7. kcole4001

kcole4001

Oct 7, 2009
    Nova Scotia
    Functionally, the truss rods were the biggest change between the old 4001 and the 4003.

The pickups were also wound hotter in the 4003, but the exact specs vary depending on the period produced, and there have been several changes to the body and neck dimensions since the early 1980s when the 4003 was first introduced.

That bass looks like a decent deal, not likely to be a copy, but I'd still want to run the serial number (found on the jackplate: two letters over four numbers) and do some poking around under the pickguard and truss rod cover to verify that it's authentic.

8. OPBASSMAN1994

OPBASSMAN1994

Jul 30, 2010
    I live in Atlanta (well, metro area). If only I had 900...

So close. And yet so far.

9. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

JMac- Wiskerface Designs Terror headcase dude

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Looks like a heck of a deal. Good thing I'm tired, broke, and completely over Ric GAS, or I'd be making a journey north. This thing shouldn't be around long.

10. dminer

dminer

Nov 26, 2007
    This BOCKER's been up on cl here for at least a week....I'm kinda surprised that no one has jumped on it yet....but, now that it's posted here, I'm sure it'll be snagged up by tomorrow....please give us an update if someone from tb grabs this!