1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

400RBIII died on me last night, help?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kozbass, Mar 9, 2008.

1. I think I've resolved to just take it into a shop here in Vancouver but let me know if you have any advice.

Here's the story:

Four days ago I got a 4 ohm 210xlt. I played my 400rbIII into it for about two days. Prior to that I was running it only 8 ohms.

Two days ago my 400rb shut down on me until I restarted it. Then it played fine again.

Yesterday, in practice right before my gig, it died.:bawl: I tried checking/switiching my bass (passive), the patch cables, the power cable, the speaker cable, the cabinet, nada.

So I tried running direct out to our PA going post eq and the preamp seems to be working fine (albeit not as pleasing as just running pre eq). The PA puts out good sound.

If I run it as I would normally (no PA) and crank it ( I mean more than I would ever normally) it puts out a weak, crackly, horrible pseudo bass sound.

I tried the ol' 'jump the effects loop' with a cable and no luck.:crying:

So I figure my power amp has something wrong with it.

Any tips, suggestions?:confused::(

2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Take it to a tech. You answered you own question.

3. gismo

gismo

Oct 11, 2005
    La Mirada, CA
    Are you running any effects pedals through it? Are you using batteries? If so, try changing them? If not, yeah...+1 on the tech. You can also call Gallien about it, they're really cool and easy to deal with. They can probably help you out over the phone.

4. Yeah fenderhutz I figured theres not much to say here.

gismo - I wasn't running any effects at the time.

DAMN!:mad: