1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

410+115 threads

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by punkrocko, Jan 19, 2012.

1. punkrocko

punkrocko

Jun 18, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Does any one here want to take the pledge with me?
    “I pledge to never participate in or click any new 410+115 mixed cabs threads on Talkbass” –(I mean other than this one)

It’s the only way the current scourge of TB Amps will ever go away. Remember when every website had a story about Paris Hilton or Sarah Palin. Don’t see those much any more, huh? Kim K. is on her way out to. People stopped caring, and clicking.

I know it’s hard; we all want to be the smart helpful guy. However this dead horse needs to be removed from TB Amps and immediately.

So who wants to join the new cool club in TB Amps?

“I pledge to never participate in or click any new 410+115 mixed cabs threads on Talkbass”-club

Members:
    1) Punkrocko

2. Me. Lol.

3. I would love to, but despite my best efforts, I kind of take this stance. xkcd: Duty Calls

4. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    I feel you on this...especially how it applies on facebook!

5. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    New members come and go all the time. Yes, it can get old for those who have been here a while but it's called education. I used to run the same stack, for the same false reasons everybody else does. No, the sky didn't fall, but there are far better ways to go about it. If, way back when, people hadn't taken the time to educate me/set me straight, I'd still be in the dark and wouldn't sound nearly as good as I do now. Blindy doing stuff looking for more/better sound without the education to go about it wisely can get very expensive, lead to high levels of frustration, and frankly leave you at the back of the pack spinning your wheels.

6. someparts

someparts

Nov 22, 2010
    Ohio
    Damn....just when I was getting ready to ask if adding a 15 would add lows to my 4x10.... :D

7. rtz

rtz

Jan 1, 2008
    So true. Amen to this one! regardless of how often you have heard it or answered the questions there are many out there who have not and need the info.

I say let 'em ask and allow everyone to help who wants. You don't have to open or read the post/thread if you don't want to.....:bag:

8. the yeti

the yeti

Nov 6, 2007
    raleigh, nc
    wait, are you saying it's not a good idea to put a 4x10 on a 1x15? :eek:

9. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    It would'nt be half as bad if newbies would just use the Search function.

10. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    True dat.

11. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    It's not always Newbies. I am amazed at how many TBers cannot wrap their heads around the clear difference between saying that a 410-115 stack is bad (which noone is saying) and the fact that stacking matched, identical cabs makes more sonic sense and will more reliably produce good results in a given venue. The same goes for driver size in relation to tone. A man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest.

12. OK, so my 2X10 + 115 is better than the 15 + *4*X10? Or only 1/2 as bad, or worse, or...? :bag:

Help a guy out, here. :help:

It isn't loud enough for metal, that's for sure. :(

LOL

13. 5 bucks says this thread about how we'll never participate in the 410/115 conversations will eventually turn into exactly that.

14. As with any rig that mixes speaker sizes, there may be phasing issues between the two cabs.

However, since a 1X15 and a 2X10 are close in displacement it is a better match than with a 4X10.

15. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Only $5? I'd be going all in on this.

16. punkrocko

punkrocko

Jun 18, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    uuuhhhhggg.

17. punkrocko

punkrocko

Jun 18, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Except in your case that would be:
    “What line array would work best with my wall of SVT’s and 301’s.

18. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    Adding fuel to the ongoing discussion is the number of famous players who use that setup. Adam Clayton comes to mind. When he became an Ag#$%ar endorser, he rolled out a dual DB115/DB410 stack.
    I do prefer Tully Kennedy's setup of 4 DB115/DB412 stacks.

See, keiththebassist was right!

19. =+1. Anyway I'd love to join, but I just can't help myself with those threads.

20. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    People point to Victor Wooten and Flea a lot as well. Add to that nearly every manufacturer shows the combination in ads but few show stacks of identical speakers, much less 210's turned on their sides, 1 driver width arrays, etc.