1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

410 cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lowfrq, Sep 14, 2008.

1. lowfrq

lowfrq Supporting Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Ventura County,Ca
    what is the best 410 cab out there? I've played most & so far the best sounding is the ampeg svt410hlf. massive low end response!& not too much midrange growl. I use an SWRSM400s 550 watts bridged@4 ohms, or 250x2 stereo @4ohms. I need to purchase a cab this week for a gig next weekend!!

2. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    You should check out the Avatar neo stuff. I cannot recommend it enough. Super lightwieght, lots of power handling and sounds awesome for not alot of cash. They are good people to deal with also.

3. +1

4. Bass Collector

Bass Collector

Aug 14, 2008
    The Eden 410XLT would be my pick

5. derelicte

derelicte

Dec 25, 2007
    NJ/NYC
    bergantino.

6. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    +2

7. I would consider a 4ohm Goliath III. Obviously a good match-up with your SWR head, smaller than the Ampeg, and still some very nice low end extension.

8. Probably won't have time to wait for an Avatar if you need the cab by NEXT WEEKEND - If you like the sound of the Ampeg HLF, by all means, get one! The SWR's going to be more 'brassy'; I think the Eden a little less so, but both more hi fi sounding than the Ampeg. Go snag one off the floor at GC or someplace - the cab will have been broken in (drivers properly seated) and there's some assurance that it works. I'd hate to take a new cab to a gig and find out it has 'issues,' and you probably don't have time to test this one. If nothing else, plug an mp3/cd player through it for several hours to make sure.

9. maybe because you liked the HLF you would like the Eden XSTmore than he XLT, the XST has more bass responce.

10. Bluesbob

Bluesbob

Mar 13, 2000
    Springfield, TN
    +1

11. Oraflora

Oraflora

Apr 18, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    +1

12. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    I'd snag a used goliath II off of a local craigslist for $225!

13. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    +1

14. Ampeg.
    You can't go wrong

15. grooVWy

grooVWy

Apr 9, 2005
    FIN
    'there will be no does-it-all-for-everybody bass cab ever, but best I´ve played for my purposes is Schroeder 410L.

16. Well, I'm sure other's could beg to differ.

I'd say an Avatar 410 Neo in 4 ohms, but that's my biased opinion.

17. Sounds like an Eden 410XST would suit you just right. 1000 watt cab with low end in spades!!

18. troyus

troyus

Apr 9, 2008
    San Diego, CA.
    Having owned both the 410XLT and the Neo410 Avatar, I would say without a doubt the Eden is better.

As long as you don't have to carry it. Or fit it in a car.