1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

410 or 2 112 cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TrackmasterV, Aug 9, 2012.

1. So here's the deal...I have a GK Neo 410 with a 1001rb-ii that I absolutely love. The tone...the power...it just sounds great to me. Then within the last year or two, I put together a smaller rig consisting of a Roland Cube 100 and an Eden ex112 cabinet that also sounds good. It doesn't have the power like the GK rig, but I can get a solid stage sound from the Roland/Eden Combo. Plus it's a lot easier to move around with my 2 door Honda (ever try putting a 410 in the backseat of a 2 door?...not fun).

So here's what I'm thinking now. Sell everything and get a GK MB Fusion with 2 GK Neo 112-ii cabs. For those that have the 112's, how do they hold up against a 410? How do they sound different? I'm starting to think 1 rig to rule them all, and since I'm not out playing as much as I used to, having a small high powered modular rig might be just what I need.

Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated. Thanks TB!

Vince

2. I would be looking at an 8 Ohm GK 212. Then double up if and when you need more power.

3. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Put the cab in the trunk, not the back seat. Problem solved :)

I drive a Civic and keep my cabs in the trunk and everything else goes into the rest of the car.

4. Ive thought about getting a 212 Cabinet but having 2 separates is a lot easier to move around. I'd rather just keep the 410 than get a 212.

Actually, my entire rig fits in my trunk when I use the Roland Cube 100 and Eden EX112. That's what I love most about it. There is no way my 410 can fit in the trunk. Do you have a hatchback civic? I have a 2 door accord coupe.

5. See I would rather have the 212. I would always be grabbing both the 112's. I would rather move one cab. And its a lot tougher to expand on two 112's. Have you considered getting two GK 115's?

6. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Nope. I've got a regular 4 dr sedan. My singer/guitarist has the 2 dr coupe version and fits the entire PA in the trunk as well.

Are you sure it wouldn't fit in the trunk? I'm not sure on the size differences between the opening of a Civic trunk vs. the Accord trunk, but I thought the Accord trunk was much bigger.

If you just want a new rig, I totally understand :)

7. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    This evokes a solid +1. A single 12 would never do, but a good 212 is a beautiful thing. 2 of them could slay.

8. +1

Unless the op is getting into a "super 12" a single 112 cab isn't going to cut it.

9. pan1k

pan1k

Sep 16, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    Exactly what I'm doing. Once I found out about 12s I've never looked at 410s the same

10. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    212 is not quite as much cone area as 410, so if the pair of 12s isn't enough you will have no room to expand. If you are cranking the 410 I would not go with a pair of 8 Ohm 112s. However, if you are not reaching the 410's volume potential you will be fine. I get the "move 1 cab" idea, but I agree with the OP and also prefer 2 (MUCH) smaller cabs.

11. kimokeo

kimokeo

Jul 7, 2009
    How about a 3x10 cabinet? You kinda get the best of both worlds with that.