1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

410 sealed cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rickter, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Rickter

Rickter

Nov 30, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Looking around for companies that manufacture SEALED 410 cabs. I know that Ampeg makes the 410HE, which is supposed to be a 1/2 fridge. What other options are out there? I believe that the Peavey Headliner 410 is sealed. Any other options?

2. The Regulator

The Regulator

Aug 10, 2005
    Discontinued :

SWR Marcus Miller Golight 410
    Gallien-Krueger MBE 410
    Hartke AK 410

NigelD likes this.
  3. I'll add (but also discontinued) GK SBX 410.

1stchopper likes this.
  4. ...Hartke HX410 HyDrive...

5. osv

osv Supporting Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    I just ordered a Tech21 B410-dp. Sealed, chambered, no horn or tweeter. Looking forward to hearing what it can do.

Rickter likes this.
  6. MJ_Sotti

MJ_Sotti formerly "Mike in Chicago"

Apr 3, 2011
    Chicago
    the HyDrive's really nice, neo 1000w. there's a mint one in the classifieds right now...

hint,hint

Deezer Butler likes this.
  7. blubass

blubass

Aug 3, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Current: Blackstar, DR strings, Nady. Previous endorsements with: GK, Rotosound, Ernie Ball, Cleartone, EMG, Dean, Dava Picks, Rebel Straps, Dickies
    GK BLX410 both series I and II. It's a chunky 97lbs though. It was tuned to 50hz, as opposed to the sbx at 36hz, so it wasn't as deep, but sounded a bit tighter.

The older Peavey Headliner is sealed. Their newer stuff is all ported. They still have both series in production using the headliner model name.

Aqualung60 and Rickter like this.
  8. I have a GK mbe 410 cab. It has a good sound, but with one strap across the top to carry it, it's a bit cumbersome. It's not terribly light either. Problem solved with a hand truck though.

KickingBass and Rickter like this.
  9. What he said.... Hartke HX410. I would of recommended the AK410. That is what I use.... but, as The Regulator said, they are discontinued. The HX410 can take twice the watts as mine. I am yet to hear of anybody that blew one up yet....

Rickter likes this.
  10. Rickter

Rickter

Nov 30, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    I could have sworn that the Hydrive 410 was ported....
    Know that the 210 and 810 are sealed.

11. Rickter

Rickter

Nov 30, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    yesterday found a Hydrive 810 used for $450. If it weren't for the sheer weight and unwieldiness of that size cab I'd be all over it.

12. MJ_Sotti

Apr 3, 2011
    Chicago
    no they're sealed. I'm a sealed guy.

Rickter likes this.
  13. MJ_Sotti

Apr 3, 2011
    Chicago
    that thing must have been pretty beat up

14. Rickter

Rickter

Nov 30, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Wow, sure enough, the HX410 is sealed... Says it right there on the Hartke site.

• Four 10" HyDrive paper/aluminum hybrid cone drivers
    • Neodymium magnets
    • 1,000 watts power handling
    • 8-ohm cabinet impedance
    • 1" titanium compression driver
    • High frequency attenuation switch (On,-6dB, Off)
    • Parallel Twist & Lock and 1/4" inputs
    • 30Hz–17kHz frequency response
    • Solid plywood cabinet construction
    • Dual-chamber sealed cabinet design
    • Perforated steel grill
    • Inset carry handles
    • Removable casters included

15. Rickter

Rickter

Nov 30, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    So thanks to all whom pointed out that the HX410 is sealed. Definitely gives me another option to consider, as I typically like the Hartke stuff.

Any other options out there that anyone can think of?

16. DukeLeJeune

DukeLeJeune rational romantic mystic cynical idealist Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Princeton, Texas
    Owner & designer, AudioKinesis; Auth. mfg, Big E (Home Audio only)
    Leland Crooks of SpeakerHardware.com offers a 410 in kit form that he can probably build for you if you're not into kits. The kit can be completed as a sealed box and among the driver choices are seven that work well in a sealed box, including some lightweight neo-magnet models. The distinguishing feature of the kit is that the woofers are cross-firing, which gives them wider dispersion than a traditional 410 cab. I was involved in the design stage but have zero financial interest in Leland's kit.

Duke LeJeune | Speaker Hardware ; driver choices listed in the "Specifications" tab

Rickter likes this.
  17. Carvin has a sealed 410. Not a bad price for what you're getting.

Rickter likes this.
  18. I dunno. As of lately I've seen several decent quality 810s priced lower than their 410 little bros. I've heard that players are moving away from 810 in droves. Some people are opting for dual 410s and some are just finding ways to make smaller units work for them. Some of the guys at my local guitar shop have said that there is only a fraction of 810s on the market now as compared to 10 yrs ago.

19. Hello im new on here. Hi to all tbers.. I have never used a sealed cab. All of what ive owned was ported. And loved that sound.. I have played on a ampeg 810 classic. With what i have now as my rig sounds so beastly.

murphy likes this.
  20. Rickter

Rickter

Nov 30, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    In the case of the Hartke 810, it retails for around 1200 with the 410 retailing for around 800.

I love the sound of the classic fridge. One of my favorite tones is the ampeg fridge with a GK 800RB pushing it. Of course I do love the classic SVT sound through it as well.

So, the constant in the tones I like has been the fridge cabinet, but I cannot justify the cab nor can I easily transport it in a truck with no bed cover or topper shell. So I have to stick to what I can fit in the cab or what I'm willing to risk transporting in the bed of the truck.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 18, 2021