410 vs "Mini" speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bas_anton, Dec 20, 2003.

1. I have a Hartke 410XL. I´m really happy with it except for one thing, it´s heavy.(I keep it upstairs) I´ve been reading about the EBS Neo cabs (112&110). I have no experience of so small cabs. Does cabinets of this size come near the big sound of a 410.

My amp is Hartke 3500 which now runs at 8 ohms, with these cabinets it will run at 4 ohms.

Please tell me of your experience with smaller cabinets.
  2. AndroWal

Sep 28, 2003
    Ojai, CA
    There are a number of threads discussing this issue...it seems that players have had some success using a combination of single 12s and single 10s to be able push about the same amount of air.

I have a similar concern and am waiting for delivery of an Epifani 4x10UL...ultralite...59 lbs. instead of 95! The sound of this cabinet is by all accounts fantastic. Should be here next week. I purchased it from John at Bass Emporium (www.bassemporium.com). I got the 8 ohm model. They are available in 4 ohm configuration also.
  3. I like the idea to be able to use only one cab on smaller gigs and then com with my "big" rig to a larger gig.
  4. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    I opted for smaller cabs that can be put into a "big" rig. I don't think a single 10" would ever get used by me, so I opted for an Avatar 210 4 ohm and I have to Aggie GS112's (each at 8 ohm.

So, for coffee house type stuff I can use a single 112. For most gigs I can get by with 2-112's. If it's a boomy room I can go 210.

For my "big" rig, I can run the 2-112 of 1 B2R, go pre out into power in of a second B2R and power the 210. I can stack it or go on either side of the drummer.

I think that has me pretty well covered.

(Plus, I leave the 210 and 1 head at the guitarist's house so I don't have to schlep anything but a bass.)