1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale/Trade 412 4x12 Carvin Bass Cabinet 1600 watts

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by krovx, Oct 22, 2018.

1. krovx

krovx Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Price:
    Had a Carvin sealed back guitar 412 cab and was interested when Avatar was using a 412 cab for a rocking bass cab. Figured I would give it a try given it was sealed back. I calked the inside and installed four American made PMR #30 EMY 12" drivers rated 400 watts RMS, an spl of 95dB, a response of 29Hz-4.25 KHz.

This by no means would satisfy the specs of cab gurus, and wouldn't do the HiFi thing well. However, when my friend brought his SVT over to test drive it, it blew us away. It can get loud! He dubbed it the mini fridge. The cab can do 1600 watts at 8 ohms mono, or 800 watts 4 ohms stereo. When ran stereo, each side is in an 'X' config. I just am not doing the loud rock thing these days so she sits unused.

Cab has metal corners & metal grill. Baltic Birch wood. 30" wide x 14.5" deep x 30" high. Just over 100 lbs. Includes a used cover and one brand new one.

Fits in the trunk of my large sedan, a bonus. White tolex, wish I would have stuck with black but my amp at the time was white. No speakon...was debating about converting it.

Shipping is out of the question. Willing to meet someone a good distance. Pics to come!

499 OBO!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  2. krovx

krovx Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  3. krovx

krovx Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Michigan, USA
    Open to other cab trades. Something portable or a mini 410.