419 scambait! Oh boy oh boy oh boy

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kovachian, Feb 14, 2006.

1. kovachian

Nov 5, 2005
    Check this crap out. I got to string this mugu along but I need some ideas. I've never done this before! Anyone care to offer some more suggestions to help get the creative juices flowing?

# 7 KOFO

Dear Friend,

Request for a confidential business relationship

My name is Mohammed Sambo; I represent a team of highly placed officials with the Nigeria national petroleum corporation (N.N.P.C) as well as the federal government contract review committe (C.R.C), who are interested in commencing immediate business relationship with you. We hereby strongly solicit your assistance in transferring (Forex) funds which totals Us$10,500,000.00 (ten million, five hundred thousand United States dollars only) into a reliable personal or company account overseas which you have absolute control over.

These funds are presently trapped in the Nigeria national petroleum corporation (N.N.P.C) account with central bank of Nigeria (C.B.N). These are as a result of grossly over invoiced contracts which were executed for the N.N.P.C during the last administration in Nigeria and are presently under

To this effect, the present administration in Nigeria set up a contract review committee to identify, verify, scrutinize, approve and recommend for payment all valid contracts that have been fully executed in the course of our assessment, we have identified a lot of misappropriated and inflated funds which are presently floatingin the suspense account of the central bank of Nigeria ready for payment. The companies, which executed the contracts, have been duly paid. It is the over inflated sum of us$10,500,000.00 that we now intend to transfer into a foreign account urgently.

I have been delegated as matter of capability by my colleagues to secure the cooperation of an overseas partner into whose account this over invoiced sum could be transferred for onward disbursement amongst us.

Please confirm your willingness to assist us by sending your direct telephone and fax number to me for further information. We will share the fund in a ratio which will be satisfactory to all. However, we
    propose 70% for us (the officials), 30% for the account owner (you). Please note that this transaction is 100% risk free and safe. So I will like you to get back to me urgently so that I will start
    processing the needed documents because we intend to accomplish this transfer within (5)five working days.

Please treat with the strictest confidentiality and utmost urgency

Yours faithfully,
    Dr.Mohammed Sambo.

And here's what I said back to him:

Dearest Mohammed Sambo,

Hello, my name is Ihavasmal E. Rection, and I thank you for your letter. I am sincerely sorry to hear that these funds have been misappropriated. It would be my utmost honor to assist in any way that I can to remedy this situation. Being a small business owner in the Car Battery Vibrator industry, I have multiple accounts so I can assure you there is no shortage of monetary sources in which to provide the necessary transaction of funds. I have to make it known however, my mobile phone isn't currently accepting international calls so the bulk of this relationship may have to take place by email. Please do not let this deter you, I give you my word that I will be your most trustworthy contact in this transaction. If this presents a problem, don't hesistate to let me know.

Your most trusted partner,
    Ihavasmal E. Rection
  2. Groove Theory

Groove Theory Grizzly Adams DID have a beard.

Oct 3, 2004
    The Psychiatric Ward
  3. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Funny stuff, let us know how it goes.

4. kovachian

Nov 5, 2005
    Yea man, my mother is from...uhhhh.......Pakistan, and my dad is, American. I dunno, just another white lie to add to my story!
  5. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    These guys are not the little E-Bay scammers. Personally, I'd leave this one alone. These are REAL crooks.
    Just keep that in mind if your going to mess w/ them.
  6. kovachian

Nov 5, 2005
    I'm aware that they're potentially real crooks, which is precisely why I won't be revealing any personal info with even a shred of truth behind it. Still, I appreciate your concern. My only goal is to waste as much of their time as humanly possible and humiliate them in the process. It's not often I get to have some light-hearted fun at the expense of some fraudulent profiteer of the lowest order, so I seize the oppurtunity when it presents itself. Cheers!
  7. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Oh I'm all for screwing over the bad guys, just as long as you know these are not the small timers.
    There was one guy who found a prankster web site, and he had people all over the world helping him. When I remember it I'll post it. He had a lot of fun w/ some E-Bay guys.
  8. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Scambaiting is fun. See if you you can't somehow convince the guy to give you a relay call. That's how they get away with phone calls within the United States, pretending to be deaf. If you know what you're getting into, its funner than anything.

If anyone happens to get any of these mugus' screennames for Yahoo IM or AIM, please send them to me. It's so fun to randomly IM Reverend Larry and try to sell them 50 chainsaws.

Down with Bola Cole!!!
  9. kovachian

Nov 5, 2005
    Wow, I didn't know there were so many sites dedicated to this sport. So these mugus got duped into sending pics of themselves? That's friggin awesome! I need to get some suggestions from the seasoned veterans! Btw, what's a relay call?
  10. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    That's a call where an operator relays to you what the other person is saying. Nomally used by deaf people. They type it to the operator and they relay it to you since most people don't have that type of phone.
  11. I got an e-mail like that before but it was supposedly from Sweden. Said I could inherit some money from a Swedish Buisness man because I had the same Surname.

Mellor is Swedish?