1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

$425 Australian 7 string on ebay.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kalyptic, May 30, 2007.

1. I cant get it, but thought someone from this forum should get it.
    I cant remember what the link is. But just search 7 string on ebay. It ends in a few hours so yer.

2. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
  3. Good ol' antonio tsai.

I own one of his basses, they arent too shabby, I'm trying to pick up a 6 string (I own a 5 by him right now)- and I really dig his work, I dont want to say the bass is flawless, because people might have different opinions, but my opinion is that the bass is pretty good, I recommend them.

4. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne

classic man - as soon as i read this i didn't need to look at the photos

'Inlaid On The Neck Is A Bat Which Is Almost The Length Of The Neck'

:D

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I'm often surprised when I see things like this on TB...:confused:

So - it's not a 7-string bass being sold for $425 - Ebay is an auction - people bid up and usually late....:meh: it could go for any price! Or not at all, if reserve isn't met.

Are there still people out there, who don't understand this...? :eyebrow:

6. I understand it. I was winning a bid on a new Epiphone Thunderbird for the best part of a week then a day before the auction ended, bidding went mental and it sold for over 2 hundred more than my "solid" week long bid.

But I love the fingerboard! I'd try to win the auction on it to play with it while flogging it off again :)

Pity the auction ends in roughly 2 hours and I don't get paid until 2moro so can't transfer the necessary funds for Paypal to deduct them again in time and are an ebay noob about other payment options. :bawl:

7. I can give you the link to antonios ebay store, he has alot of basses (6 string scrolls!)

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Anton...0ArtsQQfsooZ2QQfsopZ3QQsaselZ54270176QQsofpZ0

8. DaRK_CaRNiVaL

DaRK_CaRNiVaL

Sep 13, 2005
    Australia
    Yeh that bat inlay... mmmmm :p

9. Soma666

Soma666

Aug 27, 2006
    does he do anything in left handed? ive been looking for a 6 string leftie for ages, but to no avail

10. Soma666

Soma666

Aug 27, 2006
  11. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
  12. The OP was drawing attention to something that was $425 at the time he posted. He didn't claim that it would sell for that price. What's so difficult to comprehend?

13. That bass looks a lot like those basses that have been popping up under all kinds of brand names on european eBays, such as HK, Mazeti and numerous other names (such as Weller). They're almost identical basses supposed to be made in whatever country they're sold from, but I have the feeling they come from China or whatever and are rebranded in europe. Also seems Antonio is getting his basses from that source, putting inlays in, and re-selling.

I once bought a six string fretless which was finished quite poorly (bad hardware and electronics as well), although the wood was ok and the sound good. Was thinking about refinishing it myself with new hardware and electronics, but sold in instead and bought a Pedulla 6-string fretless :)

14. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Well - the selling price was not $425 - it's an auction and it could have gone for any price at the end!

To flash this amount up as a banner headline, is misleading IMO and is artificially drawing attention to an item that doesn't really deserve it! :meh:

15. ExD

ExD

Mar 8, 2007
    Australia
    There was a MusicMan Sterling for sale a while back Buy It Now price was $1,099, and the seller lived a few suburbs away from me :eek:

16. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I'm not digging that rather corny inlay!

17. I had one of these basses (two actually, for a while :eek: ). The bad reputation that Antoniotsai gets is almost entirely for his acoustic guitars, where the inlays cause cracking problems. If you actually read that entire website, it's fairly misleading. MOST of the people there are just quoted saying that they found the site and didn't buy a guitar because of it, and how bad the pictures look. Very few of the comments there are actually from 1st-hand experience.

You can search for my threads on the basses for more detailed info, but they are pretty nice for the price. And they don't often sell for more than around $500. The main issue with mine was a few buzzy frets, but I like to keep my action real low too. If you get a fretjob (which I did) and don't mind a less than polished look (some slightly rough worksmanship here and there), then they're a great bass for the price. You certainly won't find a cheaper 7-string. They sound great too :)

18. eosdallas

eosdallas

Jan 9, 2006
    Riverside, CA
    thats okay, it saves you (and me) more money on stuff from people who dont know what they are doing.

19. yeah, his acoustics are pretty much horrible, but his solidbody guitars and basses are good quality (run a search for "antonio tsai" in the tb archives if you dont believe me)

20. I have a couple video clips of me playing the 2 7-string Antoniotsai basses. They were up on youtube, but I took them down since I'm not really a 7-string player. I could upload them to my Acidplanet if you're really interested...

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021