44-01 Price VS 44-02 Price

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ConeyIslandJoe, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Been looking at the Lakland Skyline Series 4 string models and would appreciate some input and any personal experence with the two models. Is it worth the extra $400 [approximatley] difference in price from the 44-01 to the 44-02 . According to Lakland the only differences between the 2 models is the pick ups and the preamp. They told me everything else is the same, Body and neck woods, tuners, bridge etc.
    Any inupt would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Coney Island Joe
  2. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    The difference in the two basses is imposible to describe with words... You need to get your hands on both basses and try for yourself... But IMO you should just get the 44-02, They are MUCH better.
  3. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    the 44-02 is the cheap version of the lakland bass creator dream, he loved the way fender J and MM stingray sounded and he took parts from both models and created the 44-94.

And I highly recomend the 02 if you like the clasic bass sound that this bass has, and even more if you dont like dual humbucking basses and like moder clasics like the 02.

I've never liked the humbuckers not even if they are bartolini or trace eliot, they have the clasic model pickups with hum cancelling
  4. Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    I would highly recommend the 44-02 over the 44-01. Way better sounding and much more versatile.