SOLD $450.00 Ibanez Roadstar II RB630 EMG Geezer

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassist4dalord, Oct 29, 2021.

1. Price:
    $450.00
    Strings:
    United States
    BBA40E96-70B2-4843-9C0A-A3DF76493D4A.jpeg

$450.00 Shipped CONUS or Best Offer.

I have decided to see if there is any interest in a 1980’s Ibanez Roadstar II RB630. I’ve owned this bass since February and have decided to sell it and get a 5-string Schecter.

It weighs dead-on 8 lbs and has zero neck dive. It’s currently tuned DGCF with a set of nearly-new DR Pure Blues 45-105; these strings have not been tuned to E Standard. The neck is straight and the truss rod moves with no issues. At one point I had a set of D’Addario ProSteels 45-105 on this bass in E Standard tuning with no issues on the neck.

The pickup has been upgraded to an EMG Geezer Butler pickup with new EMG knobs. The GZR came with all new wiring and pots (solderless kit). I have the original electronics including original knobs and they will be included with the sale. This bass is approximately 35 years old and is good condition for its age. My photos will show it has some obvious wear but no chunks of wood or finish are missing.

The tuners are original and hold tune well. The A-string tuner (that is, the second tuner from the nut) has a little stiffness to it but I’ve been fine using several different types of strings with it.

The bass has Dunlop Strap Lock pins installed. I will include the original strap pins. I will also include a 3-year old set of TI Jazz Flats that have been on this bass for some time as well as a like-new set of balanced tension D’Addario Chromes that were originally installed on this bass (45-60-80-105). When they were installed they were tuned DGCF; they have not been tuned up to E Standard.

The bass will ship in a no-name cheap gig bag and will be well-packaged. I am not looking for trades. I will answer any questions you may have. I don’t have a way to upload audio recordings of it but I can link to church services on YouTube where I have played it with the praise band. Thanks for checking it out!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
    Rich Thomas and filler83 like this.
  2. Glennbassmann

Glennbassmann

Nov 6, 2019
    Too bad it doesn't have the original Super P pickup to me that the magic of these 80's roadstars..but still its a very well cared for Roadstar..good luck with the sale...

3. Appreciate the bump. In the description you’ll note I’m including the original pickup and electronics. I don’t know if it’s a Super P but it’s the factory pickup.

4. Original pickup and electronics, original strap pins and two sets of flats included (D’Addario Chromes and TIJFs).

Attached Files:

5. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    This series rules, and GZRs rule, so this whole thing, well...rules.

bassist4dalord likes this.
  6. May have priced it too strongly. Price drop to $450.00 shipped CONUS!

7. May have priced it too strongly. Price drop to $450.00 shipped CONUS!

8. Glennbassmann

Glennbassmann

Nov 6, 2019
    ... that is indeed the original Super P 4...I think that's one of the best P pickups ever designed most modern pickups EMG, lollar, seymore Duncan etc. don't come close.. those super P 4's are magic..some will agree with me and others will flame me but thats my opinion...I've tried them all but there is a certain something in these gems thats got it right....

9. Deal fell through so somebody else has a chance at it!

10. Sold! Headed for Vermont!

tpaul likes this.
  11. tpaul

tpaul Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Vermont
    Solid bass, thanks!

bassist4dalord likes this.