Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

450 watt. amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bass man evan, Dec 14, 2005.

1. bass man evan

bass man evan

Dec 10, 2005
    ok i am looking to an amp

bass amp

and as it seems, what cabinet would go geat for this amp, does any one know what its called

if u know of a better amp, ro have good amps, post what u have

http://www.music123.com/Ashdown-MAG...p-i132185.music,

and also,could i run a Behringer BX4500H UltraBass, through this head

2. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    ok...here is what you are going to hear...I will probably say it nicer than some

What music do you play?

How large are the places you play?

Where are you from(to determine availability)?

What is your budget?

3. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    look to speaker cabinet. not regular cabinet. make all dreams come true

4. bass man evan

bass man evan

Dec 10, 2005
    i have about not much money to spend on an head, but i want that ehad, but i have maybe 600 for a cab

5. bass man evan

bass man evan

Dec 10, 2005
    and with that amp, i'd like to sue is for punk rock/ metal

cuz i alredy have a perfect jazz bass

and the band im in for jazz makes us use like 2 watt. amps cuz we need to hae tham reeally low volume,

but i'de use itf ro ym metal band with from coffee houses, to garage shows, to battle fo the bands, to concerts

6. SnoMan

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Your link on your first message isn't working, so I'm not sure exactly which ashdown head you're looking at. I don't see a 450w ashdown listed on Music123.

I would look here and take one of these deals that include the ashdown head Avatar Speakers

7. SnoMan

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    For what you stated I would pick up Avatar's single 12 cabinet(or 15 depending on what you like) and their 2x10

Here's a good discussion on the 12 and 2x10 setup http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217335

Are you in US or Canada...I"m not sure whether Dave(avatar) ships outside North america.

8. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    . . . I'm still trying to envision a metal band in a coffee house . . . :bassist:

9. bass man evan

bass man evan

Dec 10, 2005
    lol, its not really a coffee house, but we're playing at some places that r like it

we were supost to play at a bagel playce but my drummer had the flu

10. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    HAHAHAHA!!! :D thank you for saying what everyone else was thinking.

Edit - Just seen the other post..I guess the Bagel place is more appropriate for the metal crowd...

11. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Its hard to imagine a metal band in a coffee house. I could imagine a metal band in a pizzeria though.

12. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Ive just got a Ashdown ABM 300 head and have got a Peavey 115BVX 4 ohms 1x15 cab. 400 watts
    Its the cheapest good make that i could find in 4 ohms that would match my ABM and is small enough to fit in my drummers car and should be ok for your needs

Dave.

13. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge

umm.. I once cleard a pizza house with a roll of quarters, a juke box and Smoke on the Water ... oh my misspent youth ...