1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

4ohm Replacement for SVT 410HE?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by NAS Bass, Sep 21, 2010.

1. NAS Bass

NAS Bass Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2006
    London, ENGLAND
    I really like using my 700RBII with this cab but always wished it were 4ohms.

Any suggestions for a good replacement? I'm a little unsure of lightweight Neo cabs sounding a bit, well, lightweight?!?

Anyone gone down a similar route? Im really looking for a stand alone 4 ohm 410 to pair with this head for blues, R&B, soul bands.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

The difference between the before and after will be almost unnoticeable. It's simply not worth the effort involved.

Paul

3. NAS Bass

Aug 18, 2006
    London, ENGLAND
    No more headroom??

4. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

In order for your amp to get twice as loud, it would have to increase its output power by a factor of ten. Even if you double the output power, which you can't, the increase in volume will be hard to notice.

Paul

5. NAS Bass

Aug 18, 2006
    London, ENGLAND
    Im not looking for it to be twice as loud, staying cleaner longer is one thing I would like.

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1- unless you find another cab, that meets your criteria, the one you have CANNOT be improved significantly by switching drivers. In fact, you could do more harm than good. The "other" Ampeg 410, which IS 4 ohms, sounds nothing like the 410he, (which is a great sounding cab). Your best option would be adding an identical 410he to what you have, but if you want to stick with one cab, it's the one you have, or a completely other one.

7. NAS Bass

Aug 18, 2006
    London, ENGLAND
    I didnt say i wanted to replace the drivers and make it a 4 ohm cab. I asked if there were any suggestions for a 4 ohm 410 to replace the HE with......

8. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    I cant think of any 4 ohm 4x10's that would sound similar to your HE, but I got a feeling you'd find the 4ohm Bergantino NV610 had a similar but better tone and also ended up being easier to haul around.

9. acubass

acubass

Oct 10, 2007
    Albuquerque, NM
    Unfortunately, everyone is right. I looked into the same thing. There just aren't many sealed 4 ohm 4X10 cabs.

10. NAS Bass

Aug 18, 2006
    London, ENGLAND
    What are some of the better ported 410s that anyone has paired with this head?

11. xray

xray

Feb 15, 2009
    Kona, HI
    For your genre the Trace Elliot 1048H is pretty bluesy!! It is 8 ohm but very sensitive. The only reason I got rid of mine was a need to down size my rig. Very under rated cab IMO.

12. Buy yourself another HE cab. :D

How about the 410hlf?

13. NAS Bass

Aug 18, 2006
    London, ENGLAND
    TE 1048H sounds an interesting option. Any others??

14. I believe the TE 1048H is an 8ohm cabinet no??

Have you checked out the ampeg 410hlf? Great stand alone cab.

15. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I think you may be missing the point- going from an 8 ohm 410 to a 4 ohm 410, (assuming they're both similar cabs)- won't sound much different. I get that you want to get all the power from your amp, but the difference will be minimal. Adding a 2nd cab to what you've already got will make a much bigger difference.

16. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    No.

17. NAS Bass

Aug 18, 2006
    London, ENGLAND
    What to add other than another 410HE?

18. what i said before...two he's are awesome. i've rocked that setup for a while now

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021