1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

4ohm to 8ohm 210 cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kickinbass, Dec 12, 2006.

1. kickinbass

kickinbass

Nov 19, 2004
    ontario canada
    Just wondering if someone can give me some insight. I have a BX3000T Bass head rated at 8 ohms max. and 4 ohms min. I'm using a Yorkville 115B 8 ohm cab and a Peavey 210TX 4 ohm cab. Now i know i can't run them together because the ohm rating is 2.67 and the head will blow. but if i rewire the 210TX to 16 ohms. Here is the question should i connect the 16 ohm to one out put and the 8 ohm to the other output. or connect the 8 ohm to one output and the 16 ohm into the 8 ohm . This will give me a 5.67 ohm rating. would both cab get equal amount of power.or will it be distribute 2/3 and 1/3. thanks

2. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    Netherlands
    Actually, the impedance of the 8 ohm and the 16 ohm in parallel will be 5.33 ohms.

It doesn't matter how you connect it, the power will always distribute 2/3 to the 8 ohm speaker and 1/3 to the 16 ohm speaker.