Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

4ohms cabinet????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ndjx, Dec 15, 2001.

1. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    Does anyone know of any 4ohms cabinets? I haven't really seen any...

2. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    theres lots of 'em... pretty much any ported 4x10 or anything bigger than that would be 4 ohms. And if you stack 2 8 ohm cabs it makes 4 ohms. Impedance is weird like that. 8+8=4.

3. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    My EBS 4x10 is 4 ohms.

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Almost all cabs can be ordered in either 8 or 4 Ohm.

5. :eek: Are you serious? You obviously haven't looked ;)

6. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    Well I've been looking for 4x10's at 4ohms and pretty much all I see is 8... can anyone recommend any 4 ohms 4x10 cabs?

7. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    like I said, any heavier ported 410 (like the Ampeg SVT 410HLF for example) would be 4 ohms. You just have to look around and they're easy to find.

8. The SWR Triad is 4 ohms ( mine is at least ). It's a great cab.

You can get many cabs in either 8 or 4 ohm configurations. It seems that retailers stock more 8 ohm cabs though. It may be because if you use 2 4-ohm cabs together in parallel, you get 2 ohms which is often below the minimum impedence level for an amp.

- Dave

9. Any of the Eden 410s are available in 4 or 8ohms.Some of the Ampegs are also.Peaveys 410 TVX is 4 ohms and you can get Acmes in 4 or 8ohms.

10. Everyone here is correct. If you're looking for 4x10s or larger, there are many selections available.

However, if you're looking for smaller cabs, 1x15, 1x10s, 2x10s, 1x12s, there is not a lot out there.

In fact, I'd be willing to say the the availability of 4 ohm 1x10s, 2x10s, or 1x12s, is almost, in not totally non-existant, unless you're willing to pay a lot for special orders, and you can find a company willing to do it.

There are a few 4 ohm 1x15 cabs available, but not many. Peavey comes to mind. No one else at the moment.

Stay large and high power and you shouldn't have any problems.

11. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    EBS makes 4 ohm cabinets in all kinds of configurations, and they're not special to order. Check out this link... http://www.ebs.bass.se/2001/index_ebs.html

Also, I'll bet that Bag End does as well.;)

12. 4 ohm 210s
    Peavey 210TVX
    Carvin RL210
    Eden 210t or 210XLT,4 or 8 ohm
    4 ohm 115s
    Carvin RL115
    Peavey 115BX
    4 ohm 212s
    Eden 212XLT
    Aguilar GS 212

13. I checked Bag-End's web site and the vast majority of their cabinets are 8 ohm. I don't think they had any small 4 ohm cabs.

I don't think Peavey offers the 4 ohm 2x10 any longer, it's not in the latest Monitor. And, as you can see from the list above from BB2, in the smaller cabinets, it's sparse.

1x12 and 1x10 4 ohm cabs are virtually non-existant.

I'd like to find a 1x12 4 ohm. So far, I haven't found one, or one that a mere mortal can afford. Edens, Aguilar, Bag End, and the others who make 1x12s, all make them 8 ohm.

I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about Carvin. Have no personal experience, and won't buy something that I've never been able to try out before I buy it. To all of you Carvin fans, that is not meant as a slam on Carvin. I feel that way about any gear from any manufacturer.

RAM: I haven't checked out the link you posted, but I certainly will.

14. Got my new Bassplayer magazine yesterday and they were advertising them.They come 4 or 8ohm,600watt power handling,$899 list price.

15. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin