1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

4th annual NYC/LI GTG Barbeque !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Aug 11, 2007.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Dear Friends in the Low End !

The time has come again to hold our 4th annual NYC GTG ! This year our Brother " The Crusader " AKA Filakvosky has offered to graciously host this years GTG at his kindly compound in Elmont NY near Belmont Race Track. We are planning to hold this years GTG September 22.

Transportation from New Hyde Park LIRR or Valley Stream LIRR station will be provided by your host ( Imagine being chauffered by Major Metal himself ! ) as well as the return trip.

Food and Beverages both of an Adult and Virgin nature will be provided at NO FEE to Fellow Talk Bassers. Ask any in attendence Talk Basser from the past 2 NYC GTG's about the food and you will not be disappointed to make the trip.

It's about more than the basses : its about the great fellowship we share as a community , and good food.

We hope to see you all in the near future when a date has been arranged.

Many Blessings , your friends :)

MAJOR METAL \MM/ and The Crusader !

2. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader" Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    :) the time has come. let's get it going.

3. Johnny Fila

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    My Tara would want it this way. Please, in the name of my girl, let's do it! IMG05.

please bring dog biscuits!

4. YES!

Filakvosky's wife's cooking! I'm ultra down!

5. bassjamn

bassjamn Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    Bummed i missed the last gtg, this sounds like a good time

6. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Banned

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
    I'll be in Sicily from August 26th until September 6th (family business, if you know what I mean ;) ) and I have a gig on the 9th. Pretty much any other day and I will do my best to be there!

7. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    subscribe

8. Hailing from LI I'd love to go but now I'm on the west coast. I'll be with you in spirit! :oops: ooooooommmmmmmmm

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Gimme a date and I'll see what I can do. I'm usually living in PA when these roll around.

10. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    as soon as a date is posted, i'll let you guys know.

i had a lot of fun at the last one, and now i have new bass to show off :)

september is pretty packed, but i hope i can make it

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    The last two were great but I will be attending school in Boston this year so I am not sure I will be able to make it. I will have to check once the date is posted.

12. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Id love to attend again this year. I hope my schedule permits. Keep me posted!!

Rob

13. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Thanks for the heads up Major, I'd love to try and make it again. I can't do 9/1 or 9/8 right now, keep me posted as you get a date finalized.

14. Very good news! :)

And a big thank you to John Filakovsky for offering to host this year's get-together at his house. :cool:

As most of you don't know, the hall where I hosted the last 3 get-togethers is having money problems, and might be closing for good. I don't know the full story yet, but it's out of the running for this year.

What can you do? :(

If we're doing a date consensus, September 14th & 15th wouldn't be good for me - one of my nieces is getting married on the 14th, and I have a 40th birthday party on the 15th. If you have it on the 16th (Sunday) I can make it.

Hope to see you all there.

Mike ;)

15. Johnny Fila

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    the weekend of 9/15-9/16 is out.

let's go for the 22nd of september or 23rd.

16. Hot-diggity-dog! :hyper:

That works out great for me. :)

The 22nd is a Saturday, 23rd is a Sunday.

Cool, John. :cool:

I was just telling Major Metal that it's funny how things work out: Just when the hall where we had the last 3 GTGs is unavailable, you offer to host it at your house, and you didn't know that the hall wasn't going to be available.

Mike ;)

17. pointbass

pointbass Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    My gigging schedule is kinda packed for most of September, but once a firm date is picked I'll see what can be worked out. I'll keep checkin' in ........ :cool:

18. Johnny Fila

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    food and beverages are on me. I only ask one thing:

If you say that you're coming, please be here. i don't mind buying all the food and stuff, but my wife puts in a lot of work to make this food. To make all this food and people don't show, well it just ain't cool.

with that said, I might just keep it to a BBQ and drinks. we'll see how many people are coming and I'll take it from there.:)

19. pointbass

pointbass Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Can I get an "AMEN" to that!!!

I know just what you mean .... we had food ready for a pretty decent sized group for the NJGTG a few months ago, and only about 1/3rd of the people who were "definitely" coming actually showed up. There was a lot of food/money wasted based on broken promises ... :meh:

20. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    FWIW: I really dug what Mrs. Pointbass came up with! But yeah, it was a bit of a let down with all the money and time invested. The people who showed were all real cool though... and that's what it's all about.

I'm interested in the trek to NYC....

BUT...

1.) I have no way to get there and
    2.) I work fri, sat, sun & mon 10pm to 8:30am