Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

4th Annual Talkbass Fantasy Football League

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jazzbo, Jul 29, 2004.

1. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Oh yes. Send the women and children home, tap the keg, get your gear, stretch out those hammies, and be afraid. Be very afraid.

It's time, ladies and gentlemen, for the 4th Annual Talkbass Fantasy Football League.

Let's revisit the past, shall we?

Year 1
    In the first year, Jazzbo's "Jazzers" took the title, embarrassing all.

Year 2
    Farley's "The Flying Hellfish" take the 2nd Fantasy Football crown.

Year 3
    Jazzbo's "Jazzers" take the title again, proving to be the dominant player in all of Talkbassdom.

So, it's time to start a league again. I would really really really like to do a live draft. Is this feasible? Is anybody on dial-up, or have we all joined the 21st century?

We'll do 10 teams, like last year. PM me for the league password and info. I'll post with all the settings in a few, although nothing will really be different.

I'm saving spots for JimK, Embellisher, PMKelly, Cassanova and JRthebassguy. So that leaves 4 spots. What say we all?

2. I'm in. If the Jazzbo has no problem with that.

3. Come along children...theres nothing to see here.

4. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    I don't get it.

5. I've participated in years 1 and 3, my best finish being #2 in year one.

Count me in.

my yahoo name is jakesaysrelax

I'm also thinking of new names for my team. My old one was pretty lame. I'm doing some scouting as I type this.

edit: added stuff.

6. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    I'm IN!!!

It's time to topple Jazzbo's Jazzers.

7. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    PM sent... :hyper:

I want a re-match of last year!!! :spit:

8. I'll do it if you tell me what it is.

9. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Okay, just so everybody knows, I've gotten your PMs. So, it looks like we're close to a full league.

I do need an answer on the live draft question though. I can't finish setup of the league, (i.e. you guys can't sign up either), until we decide this. I'm pushing for it, but if you have dial-up you probably are against it.

What say you guys?

10. Yogi Bear

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    I would prefer a live draft. The more control over our picks the better.

But - I'm ok with whatever the masses decide. :D

11. I really don't care, either way.

12. What is it?

13. i tried sending you a pm, not sure if you got it. I'll send another.

14. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Fantasy Football is a game, hosted by Yahoo, in which teams pick a roster of existing NFL players, (in a draft like fashion, first come, first served), with some bench players. You establish a starting team, (1 QB, 2 RBs, 3WRS, etc.), to compete against another teams. Individual player's statistics are tallied, and whichever team scores higher, wins. Best record at the end of the season make the playoffs, single elimination, and a champion is crowned.

So, we have several nods for a live draft.

I propose a Saturday morning, as that might be the best time. I'm thinking something along the lines, if we are to do it, of about 10am, PST.

What say you all?

15. 10am pst (noon where I am) on a Saturday would be perfect. A live draft would be fun.

what happens if someone misses the live draft?

16. Yogi Bear

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    Sounds good to me.

17. Thanks for the info, Jazzbo!!! I just have one more question: How do you compete?

18. just a reminder jazzer, if for some reason you arent getting my pms (I have a feeling they arent sending for whatever reason) please send me a pm with the info I need. Thanks. :hyper:

19. Yogi Bear

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    Ditto to what Jake said...

Thanks!

20. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    same here, i sent a PM yesterday