1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

4x10 +18=good.......

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SamsonWade46, Mar 15, 2008.

1. hey, heres my problem...I want to run a 4x10 (the tiny hornless ampeg one) and a 1x18(im using a old peavey...great cab) but im biamping with a gk300 watt, and a 35 year old peavey...which aint to reliable..and isnt even mine(neither is the cab). I adore the speaker configuration and sound I get...should I get a crown XLS 602 to run both cabs for me and basically make the gk a preamp..or get another amp to run my new 18(which doesn't exist yet so if any one has on they dont want any more hit me up). also I have a swr 2x15......also an awesome cab..it runs at about 700 watts...which is awesome (i think) cuz both the 18 and the 4x10s run at 300 watts each....so hers my question.....will the crown run all tree....maybe run the 15s parallel from the crown....by the by heres the specks on the crown.......

840W - 2 Ohms / 600W - 4 Ohms / 370W - 8 Ohms

Its a 2 channel amp....which means 600 watts to my 15s and 300 to each of my aforementioned cabs ....right...or am I screwing something up here.....cuz if Im right this would be amazingly awesome...cuz I prolly wont run the 15s all the time...just out doors and extremely awesome shows.....I should mention that play STONER PCHYCADELIC ROCK AT DEEP PURPLE VOLUMES.... very cosmic and loud blues metal.......i love my speaker set up and dont want to change them just what should I do about the amps?power amp or just buy another large bass amp like a svt 4 or a bassman 800.....any input would be greatly appreciated......also dont care bout weight or price Ill save for a while if I have to...looking for solid state as apposed to tube...tube better just not as reliable on the road...definitely tube on my next buy but just not this one.....later day thanx again

2. anyone?

3. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    Your post rambles a bit...just next time make it little clearer and you will got more responses.

To answer your question, if at least two of your cabs are eight ohms you will be able to run all three dual mono.

The part that confused me though was that you said you biamp with the gk but then you said you use the peavey.

I don't know enough about the gk biamp system or slaving a poweramp to tell you how that would work. With slaving a poweramp I assume it works just like a separate pre/power set up meaning you would lose the biamp feature but some one else needs to clarify and confirm this because i'm not sure.