1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

4x10 + 1x15 owners: show me your rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bchamorro, Feb 18, 2008.

1. bchamorro

bchamorro

Nov 13, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    and tell me why you went with a 4x10+1x15 cab

2. bassman2790

bassman2790

Jan 1, 2006
    I went with a Marshall MBC410 and a Marshall MBC115 but now know I made a huge mistake. I bought the 410 for punch and the 115 for the extended low end. Turns out, the 410 has more depth than the 115. Both cabinets are built to a price out of chipboard. I am hoping to build a BFM Omni15 soon and do away with both of them.

kesslari likes this.
  3. Lon86

Lon86

Jan 21, 2008
    Venice, CA
    4X10 ans 1X18...sorry...

4. 4x10 + Triad-

So technically it's like 5x10s and a 15...

seymour%2Bswr.

5. BackwaterBass

BackwaterBass

Feb 18, 2008
    Kentucky
    This is the only pic featuring my stack that I have access to right now, stole it from my band's MySpace..

l_f413b09d48c28ab1207199aa310495ac.

I got the head + 1x15 together for my birthday last year (thanks honey) and I bought the 4x10 a couple months ago mainly because we had a large show booked and I wanted to loud and clear, but funds were kind of tight. So basically this rig was mostly hastily made decisions. If I had more time, I would have saved up and bought the Classic series 4x10 for like $200 more. As it is, this thing moves some serious air, but it could be done better with a little more research.

6. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    I guess it's not quite a 410/115 but it's very close.

I had the 115 cab already and loved it but wanted to get a cab big enough to use on its own but small and light enough to handle most gigs.When I got the 310 I was suprised how deep it went and how loud it was on its own.The mids are better than the 115 and it seemed to fit me better than a 212 3 way cab I used with the 115 cab before.With the 212/115 setup I had to boost the Low EQ on my preamp and that eats up power very fast.It doesn't make sense that the 310 would have more low end than the 212 but that was my experience playing big gigs.

With the 310 I don't need the 115 but when I do use it they just kill together.Seems to me tens and fifteens work great together.

SpikeslastshowatBlueport006.

Gospel Bass Player likes this.
  7. Holy zebra lightning guitar, Batman! :bassist:

8. Don't have any pics, but I think the 4x10 1x15 combination is great !

EricssonB likes this.
  9. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    I had a Carvin BX1200 head with the 4x10 and 1x15 cabinets, only used a couple of times in bi-amped mode. I ended up selling the head & 4x10 though.

10. Zombie-1.

Raw N Low, Lobster11 and kesslari like this.
  11. GK 410 SBX + GK Neo 115 iii in rehearsal room (sorry no pics).
    Reasonably short story - blew my main cabinet, went on Kijiji and spotted and purchased SBX as I needed a bottom quick! Shortly after, I decided to go lightweight gear so I purchased the Neo 115 and shortly after that a GK MB500. I was not happy with the weight of the 4x10 SBX (84 lbs) so I also purchased a GK Neo 210 which stays at my home to be brought out to gigs along with the 115. Unfortunately, I was not reading a lot of TB at that time so I was unaware of the mixed cab issues. Had I known, I may have placed an order for a fEARful as there was a cab maker in my town at that time.

12. Raw N Low

Raw N Low If I can't hear it, hopefully I'll feel it Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    I can upload pictures later as I don't have any on me at the moment. I use two 410 + 115 rigs. All Ampegs.

My home rig is an Ampeg SVT 6 pro or an SVP Pro paired with a SVP 1600 power amp. I consider the SVP pro to be a poor man's SVT 2 Pro minus a tube power section. For cabs I use a SVT Classic 410he and a 115e. I need punchy mids with articulate lows. I love trebly growls and a bottom that stands it's ground in a mix. My practice rig is a SVT 4 Pro with the same cabs. For the kind of music I play this rig works for me. I don't worry about the mixed cab issues with this setup because of how I drive the cabs. The music I play isn't hard driven or bass heavy. I supposed an ideal cab for me would be 810's. I would love to get my hands on two Ampeg 410 Neo cabs.

I would also love it if Ampeg made a high powered 810 or 610 Neo cabs.

13. /\/\3phist0

/\/\3phist0 Life: It's sexually transmitted and always fatal Supporting Member

indifference, shock and HORROR :
    Oh the humanity!

Alive.

14. Raw N Low

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    Here's one of my rigs.

Attached Files:

15. Wicked...very nice setup. How many watts are you pushing through your 4x10 / 1x15 speaker combination ?

16. Raw N Low

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    The 6 pro is pushing 1100 watts total. The 410he is rated at 500 and the 115e is rated at 200. The cool thing about living in an apartment is you don't/can't crank it too loud to sound great. The other setup is a 4 pro going bi-and and pushing 1200 watts through the same cab configuration. The only thing that sucks is that I just bought all four cabs. In hindsight I would have bought the pro neo cabs that are lighter and push more watts. And yes, I would still go 410 and 115! It just sounds good.

I will try to post pics of the other rig tonight.

17. Indeed...like you I prefer the 4x10 / 1x15 speaker cab combination. Are you saying that your Ampeg 1x15 is only rated @200 watts into 8 ohms ?

Raw N Low likes this.
  18. Raw N Low

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    Oddly yes. I can tell it's using every last drop of that 200 when I'm using it. :D

For medium sized venues it works very well. I think that's why most people roll with an 810, 610, or 410HLF for more out put. Problem is most of them run at 4ohms and most (if any) Ampegs will run any of those combos at 2ohms.

The pro neo cabs solve that problem because the 410 and 115 combine can handle over 1000 watts and you can run those configs at 4ohms combined. I would love to hear that combo out of a high powered head in a live setting.

Lovep and Gospel Bass Player like this.
  19. I have a GK Backline 4x10 that I use with the GK SBX 1x15. Both speaker cabs are rated @ 400 wats @ 8 ohms each. I have read mixed reviews about the low end Backline series....All I can say is my 4x10 rocks and provides great midrange and tight articulate bass response. I do plan to eventually upgrade to a GK SBX 4x10 so I can have matching cabs and a horn tweeter.

20. Raw N Low

Jul 16, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    Backlines aren't bad cabs. People forget that different Amps will sound different depending on cabs. I once borrowed a TC Electronic RH750 from a friend and it only sounded marginally better than my Ampeg B2RE at 450 watts before I sold it to another bass player friend in need. Right after I borrowed a EBS Riedmar that sounded much better at 750 watts. All of these heads were going through my Ampeg 410 and 115. Most of the time if you keep within the brands you will typically get a good sound.

The only thing I can't wrap my head around it how class D amps that are lighter, more efficient, with less production cost still are as much as the heavy duty Mosfet amps. I'm still skeptical.