1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

4x10 + 2x12 owners: tell me about your rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bchamorro, Mar 5, 2008.

1. bchamorro

bchamorro

Nov 13, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    So how do you like the 4x10 + 2x12 setup? What amp do you use? What kind of music do you play? What bass?

2. bchamorro

bchamorro

Nov 13, 2007
    Miami, Florida
    bump

3. I use a GK 2000RB bridged into an Avatar 4x10 and 2x12, 4 ohms each. It is a great sounding rig, I've received many complements on the sound. It has a plenty of punch and volume to cut through the competing guitarists. :bassist:

As for my bass, I mostly plan an Ibanez EDB600 Ergodyne in my classic rock cover band.

Hope that helps.

4. jordan-z

jordan-z

Jul 21, 2006
    Does your 212 avatar have the LF speakers in it?

5. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    Eden 410XLT and Eden 212XLT - 410XLT gives me an all around growly tone. The 212XLT is thicker sounding and goes lower, it rounds out my 410XLT by going lower, not being as growly, and being buttery smoothe. It works great for me when I don't have a PA system to plug into.

6. mark-oj

mark-oj

May 26, 2006
    sydney australia
    I use a GK700rb into an sbx410 cab..this is an abosule RIPPING rig..and i dont think i will ever have to change..i can have any tone shape & colour, going from marcus tones, to wooten, to flea..ANYTHING... I have as much volume as i will ever need to drown my lead guitarist aswell ;) to help me achieve all these amazing sounds is a rickenbacker 4003... and an Ibanez sr506 6string..the ric is mainly used for gigs though....to me...i have the PERFECT rig :ninja:

7. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    I use this setup sometimes when we play large venues. Here is my rig:

Head: Genz Benz GBE1200
    Cabs: Genz Benz NEOX 212T
    Ashdown ABM 410H (older version - 8 ohm)
    or
    Ampeg PR-410HLF (4 ohm)
    Basses: Spector NS-5H2, NS-JH5
    Mike Lull M5V

I actually prefer the sound of the Ashdown 4x10/GB 212T combination better (this runs at 2.7 ohms)

8. Acoustic Image Focus 2 series III
    Schroeder 1212 light flight

Useable for every kind of music in all circumstances. For 6 string fretless (Malinek Physical bass), 5 string fretted (Rikkers Bodyline with U-Retro pre), NS design CR5 electric upright and acoustic upright. For jazz, easy listening, singer-songwriter stuff and pop the above mentioned is sufficient.
    For rock up to metal I got the Sans-amp RBI plugged into the effect return of the Focus to create that extra bite with the Bodyline.

It's more versatile, more defined and as loud as the Trace Elliot RAH600RMX with the 8x12" I used before for about a sixth of the weight and there's still some room left in my car now. :hyper:

The Malinek Physical bass:......................................................And the Rikkers Bodyline:...................................
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. glockrig

glockrig

Feb 28, 2008
    lafayette, la
    i've used everything from peavey to ampegs and for a long time preferred the ampeg svt (1972 magnavox series) with the 8-10 cab...actually i was running two 8-10 cabs with one head...did blow a fuse once during a gig, but after replacing the fuse, i didn't have any problems after that...

now that i'm using warwick active basses, i have a very versatile rig that i can use with it...went with glockenklang heart rock heads (rated up to 1000 watts rms @ 2.7 ohms)

for loud volume with rock bands i'm running 2 glock heart rock heads and four 4-10 cabs with horns (usa quattros)...lower volume gigs i can run one heart rock head and one 4-10 cab

this rig gives me more tonal capabilities than the svt rig did, and while i'll be the first to admit that it may not be as loud as the svt 300 watt rms tube head, the glock heart rock head is loud enough...the glock usa quattro cabs are easier to haul around as well...

i'm playing anything from blues to rock to rock jazz and i really love the tone out of the glock heart rock head...even with 2 cabs per head you're still pushing 750 watts rms @ 4 ohms

i just recently picked up a lakland active bass and the spector basses sound and feel pretty good as well, but i keep coming back to the warwicks...i have a dirty blonde that i use in a band that tunes down a whole step and an infinity set neck that i use for standard tuning, also have a warwick rock bass fretless...all my basses are 5 string....got the lakland for folks that visit and want to jam....pretty impressed with it as even the cheaper laklands still have the bartolini pickups

Attached Files: