Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

4x10 cab for a fender bassman 400

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jackson0321, Apr 4, 2001.

1. jackson0321

jackson0321

Apr 4, 2001
    Houston, TX
    give me some ideas for a 4x10 cab
    for fenderbass 400

2. Pretty open ended question there Jackson. Is your intent to have but one cab or do plan on expanding in the future? With your amp if your talking about the new bassman 400 head, you'll probly want to find a 4 ohm 4x10 to get the best of your head. There in lies the problem, alot of manufactuers only offer 4x10's in 8ohm versions, certainly not all but several seem to run that way. 350 watts at 4 ohms is not a tremendous amount of power,but should certainly do the job if you seek out efficient cabs i.e. ported . Have you thought about perhaps a high end 2x10 like an eden 210xlt? Also had an occasion to hear a bassman 400 played thru 2 SWR workingman's 2x10s it did sound pretty sweet at least in the store. the workingman's 2x10's can be had for about $350 apeice, this would also give you alot of flexibility in your rig, anyway if have a chance to hear this particular set up before you purchase any thing I think you might be pretty impressed as I was.

3. you didnt lable any amount of money, so i'm just gonna say it before munjisomthing of another beats me to it© Eden! they make their cabs in 4 ohms and 8 ohms, get the D-410xlt 4ohms, and you'll never need another cab© nuff said© it runs for about $750©

¥are my posts still doing the symbols? i changed some of the internet settings on font©¤

4. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    Eden offers the 410XLT in both 4 and 8 ohm. Given the kudos here for that cabinet (including me) the Bassman 400 and a single 4 ohm 410XLT would be a pretty nice rig.

5. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    The Aguilar GS410 is a 4ohm cab.

6. captainpabst

captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    Tennessee
    muttluk said

you didnt lable any amount of money, so i'm just gonna say it before
    munjisomthing of another beats me to it© Eden! they make their cabs in 4 ohms
    and 8 ohms, get the D-410xlt 4ohms, and you'll never need another cab© nuff
    said© it runs for about $750©

the cheapest i've seen an eden 4x10 xlt is 825 at riks.com - where can i get one for 750?

7. jackson0321

jackson0321

Apr 4, 2001
    Houston, TX
    what about carvin cabs

8. I got mine for that much at Bass North West, but i think they cut me a deal, cause i also bought a used WT-800 for $999, and I told them about how i flew up from SF california, to their store in seattle, just for their store© they sure got a kick out of that© spend over a grand at that place, and they get nicer than they alread are©

9. captainpabst

captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    Tennessee
    yeah, i called bass north west, and they quoted me 875 over the phone. (eden d-4x10xlt) interestingly enuf, they said it'd be about 875 for the bag end 4x10 also. but yeah, i'm sure they'll cut a deal if you buy more, plus travel a long distance. heh.

like jackson was wondering, i too am curious about carvin cabs. anyone have anything to say about a carvin 4x10 compared with others? you can have one shipped to your door with casters for 445 bux - that's about as cheap as you can get a new 4x10. but i can't imagine it being on par with an eden xlt or bag end. or genz benz. obviously cabinets are going to sound different, but i'm wondering if the carvin sucks, or if it's satisfying enuf for the $$.

actually, the fender 4x10 cabinet is 430 from sam ash. i played the bassman 400 thru that cab, and was pretty impressed, really. the only thing i didn't like about that rig was that i couldn't seem to get the EQ (which has sweepable frequency boost/cut for low, L mid, H mid, and treble i believe) to significantly change the sound. it sounded sort of 'old skool' to me - phat, a little boomy, pretty thick...but i would want more definition. (something GK seems to have every time i play one)

sorry to make such a long post. to reiterate jackson's question - carvin (4x10)?