Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

4x10 cab for my Ashdown head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dawhite33, Jun 8, 2005.

1. dawhite33

dawhite33

Jun 8, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    I just landed a bargain on an Ashdown ABM 500 head on ebay ($510, with flight case), and I am ready to get a 4x10 cab pretty soon. So far, I love the sound through house sound systems, but my Eden 210xlt just isn't cutting it on stage. My band plays alt-country-rock, and I'm trying to get more of a dirty growly sound out of my jazz and precision basses. I need a 4-ohm cab to get the most out of my amp. Any ideas on 4x10's?

2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Do you like the sound you're getting out of your cab, and it's just not loud enough, or do you not like the sound that much? You might want to check out some 2x12 cabs as well, as I find 12s growl really nicely, especially with 12s, and alot of 12 cabs are just as efficient (or more) than 4x10.

Either way, I think you should check out Schroeder Cabinets. They're extremely efficient, and all of them are 4 ohms.

3. dawhite33

dawhite33

Jun 8, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Yeah, I've tried an Aguilar 2x12 that sounded great. I'd like to try Schroeder cabs with my amp, there just aren't any dealers here in Austin. The local boutique shop has bergantino, epifani, ashdown, aguilar, and demeter cabs. Do they sound similar to any of those?