4x10 cabs: Ashdown vs. Ampeg vs. Fliptops

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by naughtry, Feb 10, 2006.

1. naughtry

Jan 31, 2004
    NYC / D.C.
    Current set-up:
    Ashdown ABM500 EVOII
    Ampeg SVT-CL AV
    Ampeg SVT-810he
    Ampeg SVT-410he

I just bought the Ashdown head and am looking to replace my Ampeg 410he cab with a 4ohm cab that can be used with either of my heads but mostly likely with the Ashdown for an easy to move setup for a touring Indie-Rock band.

I'm leaning towards the Ashdown but considered the Fliptops 4 ohm 4x10 before picking up the Ashdown head.

Ashdown ABM 414T

Fliptops 4X10 70'S STYLE CLOSED BACK

Anything else I should consider or just go with the Ashdown 414T?
  2. Personally I'd go for the Ashdown
  3. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
    I use the same Ashdown head with a Schroeder 410. Superior to any other 410 I've owned or tried incl. Gk SBX and RBH, Ampeg 410HLF, Ashdown 414t, GB410, Aguilar gs410.

Just a way better cab if you're playing medium to large size gigs. The whole philosophy behind the Schroeders is being able to be heard, but moreover HEAR YOURSELF on stage. Plus I think my cab is roughly 70 lbs and super sturdy. Tyr one out, you'll buy it.

PS Selling that Ampeg Cl and or 810?
  4. AndyMan

AndyMan Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 17, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    I'm also looking at the Fliptops 4x10

Anyone have experience with one of these?
  5. jmpiwonka

Jun 11, 2002
    i'm wondering about the fliptops cab for my newly acquired V4b and bassman135.

so thats two wondering about the fliptops cabs....
  6. naughtry

Jan 31, 2004
    NYC / D.C.
    This is an old post of mine, I've been using other gear but I think I'm finally going to get the Ashdown cab.

Just one question... would be ok to sometimes use the Ashdown ABM 414T 4X10 cab with my SVT-CL? Would it sound any good?

I could just ad svt-15E to my 410he but I'd really like a 410 I can use when playing in the city and dealing with steep stairs in small underground clubs and such.