Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

4x10 or 1x15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Carlos1004, Nov 21, 2001.

1. HI i have just purchased(a few weeks ago now),aHartke3500 and 4x10tp,and because iam only getting 240 watts with one cab , iwas thinking about getting another,but what would be better ,another 4x10 or a 1x15?:confused:

2. both :D
    depends on your style. 4x10 more versatile. 15 lower

3. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    The major question is are you missing any tone you feel you should be having?

Do you feel that you don't have alot of low end? Get a 15".

Do you like your 4x10 tone now, and just think that its too low in volume? Get another 4x10.

Remember, wattage doesn't drastically change perceived volume, more speakers does.

4. i have already got a 410 into one output,how do i get another 410 and a 115 connected.
    And will amp be powerful enough?

5. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Another point I should bring up is that realistically the 4x10 has more square inches of speaker area that 1x15, thought you should know. 10s are great for any bass guitar, whether its 4, 5, 6 string.

To your question, the amp can run mono, so if your 4x10 right now is 8 ohms, you should get another/a 4x10 or 1x15 thats also at 8 ohms, and just daisy-chain them together. What that is is to just have the original 4x10 plugged in normally to the mono output on your amp, then plug the extra cab right from that 4x10. I believe there is a 1/4 or Speakon out from the 4x10, just plug it in there. The total load on your amp will then be 4 ohms, just for clarification sake.