4X10 Showdown!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Insomniac, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Eden XLT

88 vote(s)
  2. Ampeg SVT hlf

76 vote(s)
  3. Ampeg bse

10 vote(s)
  4. SWR Goliath III

64 vote(s)
  5. Other-Name

136 vote(s)
  1. Heres a poll, Whats the best 4X10 cab for hard rock/ metal that will cut through?
  2. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    i use hartke amp/4x10/15 cabs. for the money cant be beat,i have used ampeg svt 8x10 cabinet(best cabinet ever made!!) but it was to much for the tiny clubs i was playing, but this a 4x10 poll,so i would say hartke... for the quality and price..thnx..:D
  3. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    EBS. Loud and agressive!
  4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Aguilar. Almost got an Eden, but the aggie was just a tad smoother. Quite a bit cheaper as well . . .
  5. JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    Hartke 410XL. See also Jack Bruce, Garry Tallent (Springsteen), and Stu Hamm (Vai & Satriani)
  6. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Eden XST. The XST is a very different cab from the XLT series. Voiced lower and flatter and 1000 watts to boot. I switch from an Eden D-210XLT and D-115 to the XST by itself and I absolutely love it! Check em' out!
  7. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    I voted other.. I have an ampeg bxt410 and I think it rocks... of course it is mine... and i did buy it so i am biased.. but who isn't? ;)
  8. BassMann2112

Jun 21, 2002
    I love the sound of my Trace Elliot set up.
    1-4 10 w/t horn and 1-300watt 15" bottom.
    and my new Trace Elliot V4 head.
  9. lpbassics

lpbassics Guest

Jan 26, 2002
  10. hey grooveguru! Whats the difference between the XLT and the Xst? not in specs but in tonal qualities, and i'll be running it under a SWR workingmans head for a while, then i'll upgrade to an Ampeg head preferably the SVT 3 pro. oh yeah, i'll be using a Yamaha RBX 260, then i plan for a Warwick Thumb Bolt on to enter the picture...thanks
  11. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    The XST just seems to be an overall flatter cabinet that lets your bass's natural sound shine through. A very refined and articulate cabinet.

Very full sounding without that low mid hump that the XLT is known for. I used an XLT cab before and it didn't sound as well as the XST does with my Lakland 5ers.

I'm using an Eden WT400 which is 400watts @ 4 ohms and the 410XST only comes in 8ohms so I was worried that I wouldn't have enough volume at 8ohms (225-275 watts?), but let me tell you this cabinet screams. Same gains as I was using with a 4ohm load!

Highly recommended! Give Beaver or Gard a call at Bass Central and they'll fix you right up!:D :D :D
  12. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    peavey ok now you can flame away but i like em.
  13. I play in a hard rock outfit. I was playing my Mo' Bass through a Triad untill 2 days ago. The Triad wasn't cutting it, great lows, but a little lacking in the overall cut/push area. I Picked up a brand new Goliath III for a grat deal and all I can say is it's a whole different ball game now... My Guitar Player and his Dual Rectifier have a little something to contend with ;)
  14. Toneman

Jun 6, 2001
    Long Island
    I ues a mesa boogie 410 cab. great tone but 131lbs my back is fried. btw I hear the Aguilar cabs are great as well. Anybody else out there use mesa cabs? like to get opinions.
  15. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i'd go SWR, (and have 3 times as of now ;) ) but if you like bass cabs like i like bass cabs (nice and clear and flat, no strange mid humps or what not)i'd check out the mesa and eden XST cabs as well.
  16. Ampeg SVT410 HLF. Simply the best sounding cab I've ever heard.
  17. Zoom

Mar 31, 2002
    Does this mean the Acme B-4 is not a contender?
  18. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    410 XST has my vote.
    How about 2 210 XST's ? :eek: I'll definitely end up going that route.