Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

4x10: suggestions needed!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Amoilbasso, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Amoilbasso

Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    Florence
    Hallo everybody.

I have an EBS 4x10 now: I'm very very happy with its slap tone, but I find it a little bit too much aggressive, hard and dirty when I play fingerstyle.
    I've tryed many 4x10 but I think I still haven't found the one that really does for me: if they work great for finger, I feel they miss something for slap (the Epifani I've tryed yesterday for example).

I'd like something Hi-Fi but that doesn't miss anything for slaping: suggestions????

Thank You.

P.S
    My amp is: Eden Navigator + Eden Power amp (I like it very very much)

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Well, as you have Eden amplification.....how about an Eden 4 x 10????

Haven't tried too many 4 x 10s, Trace Elliot is nice...but only available used now. My multi speaker cab is an Ashdown 4 x 8 which is real nice (very portable too).

3. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    Or Aguilar gs410, not so aggressive like Eden, neither clean as EBS. I like its tone.

4. Amoilbasso

Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    Florence

Go figure that I feel EBS to be too much dirty :p :(

I need HI-Fi fingerstyle tone + punchy/Marcus-like slap.

About Eden 410XLT:
    I've tryed it; it had the same trouble as my old GoliathIII: it couldn't handle same EQ I use on the amp....distortion on mid-low frequencies.

5. bassomane

bassomane

Apr 3, 2002
    Austria
    If you really want another cab to match your eden amp i would suggest the eden 410 xlt. Another possibility could be an EBS amp. The EBS charakter switch on the HD 350 & TD 650 smooth out the agressive midrange very well. I have the charakter button always on and like the sound very much. Honestly I think: Get always amp and cab from the same company to get the best results. Only sometimes mixing different manufacturers will achieve better results.