1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

4x10: suggestions needed!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Amoilbasso, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Amoilbasso

Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    Florence
    Hallo everybody.

I have an EBS 4x10 now: I'm very very happy with its slap tone, but I find it a little bit too much aggressive, hard and dirty when I play fingerstyle.
    I've tryed many 4x10 but I think I still haven't found the one that really does for me: if they work great for finger, I feel they miss something for slap (the Epifani I've tryed yesterday for example).

I'd like something Hi-Fi but that doesn't miss anything for slaping: suggestions????

Thank You.

P.S
    My amp is: Eden Navigator + Eden Power amp (I like it very very much)

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Well, as you have Eden amplification.....how about an Eden 4 x 10????

Haven't tried too many 4 x 10s, Trace Elliot is nice...but only available used now. My multi speaker cab is an Ashdown 4 x 8 which is real nice (very portable too).

3. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    Or Aguilar gs410, not so aggressive like Eden, neither clean as EBS. I like its tone.

4. Amoilbasso

Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000
    Florence

Go figure that I feel EBS to be too much dirty :p :(

I need HI-Fi fingerstyle tone + punchy/Marcus-like slap.

About Eden 410XLT:
    I've tryed it; it had the same trouble as my old GoliathIII: it couldn't handle same EQ I use on the amp....distortion on mid-low frequencies.

5. bassomane

bassomane

Apr 3, 2002
    Austria
    If you really want another cab to match your eden amp i would suggest the eden 410 xlt. Another possibility could be an EBS amp. The EBS charakter switch on the HD 350 & TD 650 smooth out the agressive midrange very well. I have the charakter button always on and like the sound very much. Honestly I think: Get always amp and cab from the same company to get the best results. Only sometimes mixing different manufacturers will achieve better results.