1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

4x10 vs. 1x12

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thetaurus, Dec 29, 2002.

1. thetaurus

thetaurus

May 28, 2002
    Muncy, PA
    alright...so i need to buy a cab to keep at home for practice, and to use at some band practices and smaller gigs. (i have an 8x10 that i use normally). anyway...i play mostly rock, but i want something that's versatile. i have the opportunity to buy a used fender bxr 410h, in MINT condition (i'd actually be buying it back from they guy i sold it to 4 years ago...and it's only been used at low volumes in church). i can get that for the same price i'd get an avatar b112 shipped for. if i got the avatar, i'd eventually add the compact 115. i'm thinking that the 410 is what i'm going to go with, but i wanted some feedback from you all. portability isn't a problem. the 410 is pretty light, and i'm young and huge, so i'm not worried about lugging it around. i just don't feel like lugging my 8x10 everywhere for small practices. live is a different story (at least with my loud rock bands)
    let me know what you all think. thanks.