1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

4x10 VS Jetta Help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LanOsb133, Dec 7, 2011.

1. So long story short, my dad wreck his car, and my only ride over to band practice is through my band manager... She has a vw jetta 2007 wolfsberg edition... Any idea if an Ampeg 4x10 will fit in this trunk/car? Ive been looking for the specs on the car and cant find anything. So does anyone own a Jetta and/or would it be possible to get an 4x10 in it? (sadly thats the only option i have right now as I only have a working 4x10 and 8x10...

Thanks for any help!

2. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    Depends on the 4x10. I fit my ampeg B40 into the trunk of a jetta a few years ago, but the B40 isn't as deep as some modern 4x10 cabs so it was able to lay flat. You might be able to get it on the back seat (I'm assuming 4 door?) if the doors swing wide enough, I used to fit an 8x10 into a chevy aveo. You just can't worry about the interior ;)

3. Its 23x19x30 (LxWxH) I guess Ill just have to wait and see :oops:

4. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Considered getting your own car? That is usually the first thing one gets as soon as they're old enough to get their hands on one.:D

5. Basso54

Basso54

Jul 22, 2003
    Dalhart, TX
    I have a 2009 Jetta. The trunk is very spacious. I don't think you'll have a problem with a 4x10. I used to cram my Hartke 4.5XL cabinet in mine.

6. On my now-deceased Jetta wagon, the rear seats folded down, affording an incredible amount of room for a car that small. I don't recall if the seats on the sedan fold, but if they do, your chances are pretty good. Putting a blanket down on the deck before you put in the cab may help if you leave a bit to grab on to, to help slide it OUT when you get to your destination.

HTH.

7. Thanks guys!

As for the car. Im getting a van. I dont have any money, and most of it is going towards getting my rig perfect (I literally will skate anywhere within a 3 mile radius, or bike within a 15 mile radius) I dont really NEED a car hell i still dont have my liscense (should have had it about 2/3 year ago.) But when i get my license im gonna grab a van. :p Plus I can usually get a friend to give me a ride if it involves moving new gear somewhere (hence my 4x10) So this is pretty much a One time move.

8. grendle

grendle

Mar 4, 2011
    Central FL
    Cut the trunk.......

9. pan1k

pan1k

Sep 16, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    I HAVE TEH SAME EXACT CAR. ampeg wont fit into the trunk HOWEVER, it does fit on the back seat.

10. It wont? :oops: Do the seats fold down? Is there anyway to get a 4x10 in there?

Its an SVT410hlf

WHoops. I didnt read that correctly :oops: Thanks for the INfo :3

11. pan1k

pan1k

Sep 16, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    Its not a matter of space, the cab is bulky to fit past the top of the trunk. the door is just wide enough if u turn the cab on its side. i had the same exact cab too. hense why im downsizing to a class d amp / 2x12 or a smaller 4x10 cab

12. Alright sweet thanks! And yeah im going to grab a couple other amps when I get the money